We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf in September

Sydney, Australia
12 posts
Golf in September

Hi

We will be travelling in early September, we have 2 Golfers (father and son) who would love to play a couple of games in a picturesque location. After some study Millbrook and Queenstown seems to be open to the public, most of the others members only? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much for any advise / ideas.

2 replies to this topic
Arrowtown, New...
Level Contributor
8,322 posts
68 reviews
65 helpful votes
1. Re: Golf in September

I'm entirely biased as I'm currently a member of Arrowtown... but it's one not to miss. Every golfer I've ever spoken to raves about and loves Arrowtown (including NZ pro, Luke Toomey)... a unique and challenging course.

You really can't go wrong around the area, we are a bit spoilt!

Queenstown/ Kelvin Heights is the other 'local' course.

Millbrook has TWO courses, Remarkables 18 and Coronet 18 - they alternate days for members and public. If you can get on the Coronet 18 - WOW (I've managed to play the first 9, and walked both courses quite thoroughly with the NZ Golf Open over the years).

Jack's Point is also a great and very highly rated course. I've not heard that much about it lately...

There are two other top courses - but they are very much private/ members (and their guests!) only - The Hills (owned by Sir Michael Hill - jeweler); and up on Crown Terrace is Sir Russell Coutts (of America's Cup/ sailing fame).

Good luck choosing and booking!!! At least by September the fairways won't be frozen has hard as concrete!!!

Sydney, Australia
12 posts
2. Re: Golf in September

Thanks for the great advise, hopefully we can get a tee time.

Reply to: Golf in September
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Queenstown
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.