We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arrowtown colours on a rainy day

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
Arrowtown colours on a rainy day

Hi all, visiting Arrowtown next Wednesday to see the Autumn colours, and I'm a bit sad that it's set to rain rain rain... How do those Autumn trees look when it's crap weather?

7 replies to this topic
New Zealand
Level Contributor
4,150 posts
6 reviews
2 helpful votes
1. Re: Arrowtown colours on a rainy day

Which Wednesday are you referring to? Tomorrow is Cloudy, with occasional rain from afternoon. Light winds.

Thursday and Friday is forecast for heavy rain

However next Wednesday (17th) is a few light showers as for most of next week.

More than a day or two in advance is always only a guide, often completely wrong.

We are being warned of very heavy rain on the west coast over the next few days and spillng over to Centtral and even eastern Otago but, at the moment, things should improve from the weekend.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
2. Re: Arrowtown colours on a rainy day

Whoops sorry, next Wednesday (17 April)

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island, Nelson-Tasman Region, New Zealand, Tonga
Level Contributor
24,605 posts
745 reviews
511 helpful votes
3. Re: Arrowtown colours on a rainy day

i have been in arrowtown for the last few days and were there today. We visit most years and its looking absolutely stunning. We had very very little rain in arrowtown today.

The wind and rain will mean trees will lose some leaves, but if you are visiting tomorrow its well worth it. if you are visiting next week its way too early to know what the weather is going to be.

The Arrowtown Autumn festival isnt until end of april - so there should be plenty more colour.

it looks fantastic in all light.

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island, Nelson-Tasman Region, New Zealand, Tonga
Level Contributor
24,605 posts
745 reviews
511 helpful votes
4. Re: Arrowtown colours on a rainy day

my cover photo on my profile is a photo of the arrowtown autumn colours taken two days ago!

Lower Hutt, New...
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Arrowtown colours on a rainy day

Stunning!

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
17,619 posts
214 reviews
107 helpful votes
6. Re: Arrowtown colours on a rainy day

Make sure you have a walk along the river!

Arrowtown, New...
Level Contributor
8,259 posts
68 reviews
65 helpful votes
7. Re: Arrowtown colours on a rainy day

Theres been a bit of rain today ( which might be an understatement!) ... as i drove home, towards the hills of Arrowtown, the hills are bright yellow and orange ... inversion/ low cloud wreathing Brow Peak, Big Hill and the mountains... looks and smells beautiful.

Have a look at the Arrowtown page on instagram/ facebook and you'll see current/ recent photos around town.

Reply to: Arrowtown colours on a rainy day
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Queenstown
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.