We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Queenstown - hotel recommendations

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
2,646 posts
96 reviews
143 helpful votes
Queenstown - hotel recommendations

We will be in Queenstown for a 3 nights next March. Can you please recommend some hotel options?

A good location is very important to us.

Then we prefer a quiet and peaceful stay. A charming place with lake views is a huge plus. The ability to walk to restaurants and shops also a plus. We do have a rental car, so we will need parking.

Probably a 4 star hotel will do.

12 replies to this topic
New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island, Nelson-Tasman Region, New Zealand, Tonga
Level Contributor
24,512 posts
745 reviews
511 helpful votes
1. Re: Queenstown - hotel recommendations

have you looked up tripadvisor queenstown hotel reviews. reviews from thousands and thousands of travellers?

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
337 posts
384 reviews
228 helpful votes
2. Re: Queenstown - hotel recommendations

Posters on here are usually happy to help but you really need to do your own research first and not start a new thread for every question you have.

What is your nightly budget in NZD? Do you want to be in the centre of town? Do you need a carpark?

We can give you advice based on a short-list but your constant posts are getting overwhelming.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
2,646 posts
96 reviews
143 helpful votes
3. Re: Queenstown - hotel recommendations

Well, this is why I come here to ask first...there are thousands and thousands hotel reviews to read through on TripAdvisor and thousands more on booking.com.

I am not a lazy traveler. I am plotting a month-long road trip all over New Zealand. I am only at each places for 2 to 3 nights, some places only 1 night. So, reading through thousands and thousands of reviews to find the right hotel for a 2 nights stay is not that worthwhile. So, I come here for suggestions first, and then narrow down.

"What is your nightly budget in NZD? Do you want to be in the centre of town? Do you need a carpark?"

I think I am overwhelming you...sorry. I already stated in my post that I have a rental car, prefer a quiet location, walkability is a plus. And looking for a 4 star hotel.

I have made a number of hotel bookings on my own without asking. i.e. I booked Auckland hotel without bothering anyone.

Arrowtown, New...
Level Contributor
8,227 posts
68 reviews
65 helpful votes
4. Re: Queenstown - hotel recommendations

Happy Traveller, post #3 - it's YOUR job to look through TA (or other) at the accommodation options and narrow down ideas - as you've been directed multiple times on the multiple threads you've posted.

While you repeatedly have given some of your criteria- most of us have only stayed at one or two places in each destination, we have our own criteria/ travel styles, and we are not you.

By narrowing and YOU giving us a 'I've looked at these as options, what do you think?' - we have an even better idea of your wants - and can better suggest from there.

Funnily enough, computers these days are pretty smart, and you can easily and quickly narrow the TA options by selecting filters - 4 star, price, distance fom lake/ town, availability for your dates etc... for many of the towns you've asked about - there aren't a huge number of properties that would match most of your criteria- Auckland, Christchurch, Wellington, Hamilton, Tauranga, Dunedin are the only cities with populations larger than 100,000 people...

Yes, searching for accom in each town can take alot of time when planning travel. For some, this is part of the fun. For others, there are travel agencies that will do the planning for you.

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island, Nelson-Tasman Region, New Zealand, Tonga
Level Contributor
24,512 posts
745 reviews
511 helpful votes
5. Re: Queenstown - hotel recommendations

i agree with #4. i love helping travellers, but go to TA queenstown. then click on traveller ranked. look at the dates and prices and make a shortlist and then ask here.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
56 posts
45 reviews
20 helpful votes
6. Re: Queenstown - hotel recommendations

Novotel and Crowne Plaza are great locations but might not be “charming” enough.

Close to restaurants etc.

It is very daunting looking for accommodation, some people like doing research, others not so much. Everyone is different.

What I do find concerning and I’m sure I’m going to get some backlash here is the tone of some of the replies.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
56 posts
45 reviews
20 helpful votes
7. Re: Queenstown - hotel recommendations

Novotel and Crowne Plaza are great locations but might not be “charming” enough.

Close to restaurants etc.

It is very daunting looking for accommodation, some people like doing research, others not so much. Everyone is different.

What I do find concerning and I’m sure I’m going to get some backlash here is the tone of some of the replies.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
2,646 posts
96 reviews
143 helpful votes
8. Re: Queenstown - hotel recommendations

This is the travel forum. Travelers coming here to ask for hotel recommendations is very normal. Hotel recommendations are common questions on all the trip-advisor forums.

If you don't know of any suitable hotels to recommend to me, or don't want to help me. It is okay to not answer my posts.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
2,646 posts
96 reviews
143 helpful votes
9. Re: Queenstown - hotel recommendations

"Novotel and Crowne Plaza are great locations" -- Thank you!! I will go check these out.

Level Contributor
267 posts
4 reviews
10. Re: Queenstown - hotel recommendations

I did a lot of research looking for charming, higher end and close enough to town to walk easily. After reading lots of reviews on TA I finally booked Naumi Dairy Private Hotel. We go next week so I will try to remember to come back here and let you know how it is.

Reply to: Queenstown - hotel recommendations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Queenstown
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.