We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel choice

Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
Hotel choice

I am debating between the Rees hotel and azur in Queenstown. Does anyone have any recommendations?

7 replies to this topic
Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
337 posts
383 reviews
228 helpful votes
1. Re: Hotel choice

Both of those hotels are in awkward locations, unless you want to walk the 2km plus into town. They are 5 to 10 minute drives out of the town centre. It may not sound like much but traffic and parking in Queenstown is bad.

It looks like you are going for a 5 star place so maybe look at QT Queenstown, Spire Hotel, Hotel St Moritz or The Central Private, all listed as 5 star. This is based purely on location, I haven't stayed at any of these hotels.

Edited: 24 February 2024, 17:20
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
89 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: Hotel choice

We stayed at the Hilton which is a water taxi away. I found that very convenient and it's a beautiful view of the lake.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
59 posts
15 reviews
7 helpful votes
3. Re: Hotel choice

We just stayed at QT, good position, walk through Rydges and 5 minutes into town. We liked it a lot. The Rees is too far out in my opinion

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
4 helpful votes
4. Re: Hotel choice

Azur is amazing !!! A little bit out of Queenstown but easy to get into town with the Azur staff. Highly recommend.

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island, Nelson-Tasman Region, New Zealand, Tonga
Level Contributor
24,288 posts
744 reviews
511 helpful votes
5. Re: Hotel choice

#4 terman57 welcome to nz forums. Always good to have some new input, when did you visit nz?

Edited: 20 March 2024, 07:04
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
4 helpful votes
6. Re: Hotel choice

Thanks.September 2022. Heading back in 8 weeks.

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island, Nelson-Tasman Region, New Zealand, Tonga
Level Contributor
24,288 posts
744 reviews
511 helpful votes
7. Re: Hotel choice

#6 feel free to ask any questions on the format about your forthcoming trip then. lots of great helpful advice available free from volunteers.

Reply to: Hotel choice
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Queenstown
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.