We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uber/public transport

Australia
Level Contributor
91 posts
Uber/public transport

Hi we are going to be staying just outside Queenstown centre at La Quinta by Wyndham Remarkables Park Queenstown at the end of January. We will not have a car so just wanted to find out if Ubers are available and also if buses run frequently? Thanks

11 replies to this topic
New Zealand
Level Contributor
4,092 posts
6 reviews
2 helpful votes
1. Re: Uber/public transport

The buses are regular. Every 15 minutes on the main route and 30 mins on others

Much cheaper if you purchase Bee card

https://www.orc.govt.nz/public-transport/bee-card-the-smart-travel-card/faqs

I know nothing about Uber.

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
8,774 posts
367 reviews
291 helpful votes
2. Re: Uber/public transport

Remarkables Park is well served by buses, although according to Google Maps, your hotel is 10 minutes walk from the nearest bus stop.

Australia
Level Contributor
91 posts
3. Re: Uber/public transport

Thanks for the replies. Yes I just found the bus timetable and it looks like bus #1 runs regularly from Mt remarkable shopping centre to Queenstown. We have an early morning tour bus to meet at 7:40am in Queenstown so was good to see the buses start running at 6am so should be able to catch this in to Queenstown to meet our tour bus. We don’t mind a 10 minute walk to the bus stop.

Dunedin, New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Dunedin, New Zealand
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
66 reviews
38 helpful votes
4. Re: Uber/public transport

I stayed at La Quinta at the beginning of my trip. While is on the very edge of town, there are several dining options in Remarkables Park and a nice Saturday market at the top of the street. Having the bus nearby made my choice to stay here easy.

Australia
Level Contributor
91 posts
5. Re: Uber/public transport

Hi just wanted to see if anyone knows about the bee card - I noticed they have a youth plus which is only $1 and adults are $2. Is the youth plus fair only for locals or can visitors use this fare as well (I assume when I buy the bee cards I ask for 1 youth plus and 1 adult)

Thanks

New Zealand
Level Contributor
4,092 posts
6 reviews
2 helpful votes
6. Re: Uber/public transport

They are only for students and you need to upload your student ID to have the concession applied to your card . Just as I had to upload my seniors Goldcard to have the seniors concession applied. So only for NZ residents.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
76 posts
26 reviews
5 helpful votes
7. Re: Uber/public transport

Can we use Uber or Taxi to get to Bob's Cove and return? How much would it cost for the trip?

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island, Nelson-Tasman Region, New Zealand, Tonga
Level Contributor
24,288 posts
744 reviews
511 helpful votes
8. Re: Uber/public transport

#7 go onto your uber account and put the info in to see the cost and availability. its 23km and depending on the traffic 30-60 minute trip. what do you intend doing at bobs cove? there are some nice walks such as from bobs cove to twelve mile delta. you could get dropped at one and picked up at other. but there would be lots of waiting around for a driver so it wouldnt be cheap. have you considered hiring a vehicle for the day to explore

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
76 posts
26 reviews
5 helpful votes
9. Re: Uber/public transport

Thanks.

I heard Bob's Cove is beautiful and thought we could do the short hike. Looks like renting a car is the only option.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka, Tokyo
Level Contributor
80,613 posts
183 reviews
192 helpful votes
10. Re: Uber/public transport

Uber normally works in NZ though I have never used it in Queenstown. As suggested above, do a mock booking now to see how much it costs. In fact, check it a few times throughout the day so you get a better idea of the "right" pricing.

Reply to: Uber/public transport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Queenstown
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.