We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skyline gondola, luge rides, and dinner

Rochesterr NY
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
Skyline gondola, luge rides, and dinner
Save

Hello all, spending 4 nights in Queenstown in February. Staying an an AirBnB that is a distance from Queenstown, Is the gondola, luge ride and dinner worth it - I guess in particular the dinner. Sounds like a fun late afternoon and evening, especially if timed with sunset during dinner. Thoughts please?

5 replies to this topic
California
Level Contributor
73,043 posts
1,819 reviews
459 helpful votes
1. Re: Skyline gondola, luge rides, and dinner
Save

We enjoyed the gondola and hiking up on the summit. Luge looked fun. Friends had the dinner and loved it, it was too pricey for us,

New York
Level Contributor
496 posts
5 reviews
1 helpful vote
2. Re: Skyline gondola, luge rides, and dinner
Save

My kids still talk about the luge, it's a blast, you'll probably want to get the 6 ride package. We also did the Zipline up there and it's amazing, such a beautiful view. I can only imagine dinner to be equally as beautiful, it's a great location.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
52 posts
9 reviews
3 helpful votes
3. Re: Skyline gondola, luge rides, and dinner
Save

So it sounds like there are a combination of activities to choose from. Are they all run by the same company?this also caught our eye, and we’re looking to compare.

Arrowtown, New...
Level Contributor
8,022 posts
68 reviews
65 helpful votes
4. Re: Skyline gondola, luge rides, and dinner
Save

Maureen, note that Feb sunset is between 9.15pm (start of month) and 8.30 (end of month).

I'm not sure what time the dinner seatings are, and I haven't dined - but haven't heard any awful comments about it.

Luge is definitely a blast, and sunset can be gorgeous. Note too, that you won't see the sun setting - it goes down behind the mountain behind you. But from sunset til dark the colours across the Remarks (to the east) are gorgeous, and I love the twinkling city lights as it gets dark.

Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
5. Re: Skyline gondola, luge rides, and dinner
Save

I We had dinner in the Skyline during our holiday in September. The buffet was great - plenty of food of all types including lots of vegetarian options. Sunset was about 7pm if I remember rightly so we started in daylight and watched the sunset arrive. Yes it was expensive, we paid extra for the premium window seats, but probably the view from non premium seats is good too as many of them are raised. We went up early to have a look around ( but reckoned we were no longer up to going on the luge!!) We thoroughly enjoyed the evening

Reply to: Skyline gondola, luge rides, and dinner
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Queenstown
Recent Conversations
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.