We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upgrade to flight back

New York City...
3 posts
2 reviews
Upgrade to flight back

Hello, my husband and I will be taking the coach-cruise-coach from Queenstown end of this month. I was wondering if they offer flight upgrades on the day of the tours and if they charge more or less.

Ideally, we would want to fly back but can't book that option at this time due to some time and financial concerns that may change eventually.

Thank you! :)

Edited: 05 October 2018, 08:05
5 replies to this topic
New Zealand
Level Contributor
819 posts
101 reviews
1. Re: Upgrade to flight back

You will be given the option to upgrade to a flight on the day of your journey. When I did this trip the price would have been the same. It is definitely worth doing the flight.

Nelson-Tasman...
Level Contributor
9,336 posts
474 reviews
2. Re: Upgrade to flight back

all depends on availability and weather. if you are keen on flight back book it now. The drive in is stunning, but all the best views ae behind you on the way back so drive in and fly back is the very best option. The flights are frequently cancelled or delays due to low cloud and weather, but the coach is then plan b

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
6,462 posts
282 reviews
3. Re: Upgrade to flight back

You could certainly take pot luck and try and book a flight back on the day but if you are really keen to fly back I would look into it as soon as finances allow.

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
30,233 posts
93 reviews
4. Re: Upgrade to flight back

Wait and book on the day. The driver will co-ordinate with pilots while you cruise and find you a good option. The cost should be considerbay less than booking in advance. Your seat on the bus is already paid for - you won't get a discount on that.

New York City...
3 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Upgrade to flight back

Thank you all!

Reply to: Upgrade to flight back
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Milford Sound