We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coupon deals in South Island New Zealand

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
Coupon deals in South Island New Zealand

My family of four will be holidaying in the South Island of NZ in December. I am trying to find as many coupon / discount deals as I can for the various activities on offer. I can use our NRMA membership to pick up a few discounts, but I was just wondering if anyone else can give me any insight on where else I may find a few deals.

For instance the International Antarctic Centre in Christchurch is quite expensive and I would love to get a discounted deal on this. Also things like cruises at Milford Sound, jetboating in Queenstown, gondola and luge in Queenstown etc.

4 replies to this topic
Tauranga, New...
Level Contributor
1,748 posts
128 reviews
1. Re: Coupon deals in South Island New Zealand

Check out grabone and groupon.

For things like Milford Sound tour, you can check out Jucy's website as they often have special deals. (My daughter was very happy with the trip she did through them and said she would highly recommend).

Edited: 22 August 2018, 13:29
Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
2. Re: Coupon deals in South Island New Zealand

So with GrabOne, is that through pre-purchasing vouchers from the NZ GrabOne website?

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
40,148 posts
450 reviews
3. Re: Coupon deals in South Island New Zealand

Most of the rental car companies will have some sort of vouchers - might only be 10% discount but on an $80 ticket that is still lunch! Some of the free magazines in the International Airport arrivals hall also have vouchers. If you do a combo eg with Real Journeys, Milford Sound Plus the glow worms, you can get a discount.

Finally, but probably not worth it for a short trip, the Entertainment Book offers 25% discounts off a huge range of things from rental cars, souvenir T-shirts, restaurants to the Antarctic Centre or Willowbank. The snag is, it costs $65 to buy ;-(

Queenstown, New...
Level Contributor
4,524 posts
58 reviews
4. Re: Coupon deals in South Island New Zealand

Bookme.co.nz

Some of the tour/booking agents on the ground in Queenstown give discount prices.

And check if you can get discounts/ best prices by booking direct

Reply to: Coupon deals in South Island New Zealand
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted