We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sending items to New Zealand

Hexham, United...
4 posts
Sending items to New Zealand

Hello,

I am from the U.K. and wish to send a book (autobiography) and two magazines (farming magazines) to New Zealand.

On the Royal Mail I understand that they say these items are prohibited, is this correct? Can you not send these to New Zealand? It says nothing about them being prohibited on NZ webpages and other couriers say they are ok to send.

Please can anyone who has sent items like this or know if they are allowed please let me know. Thank you.

4 replies to this topic
Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
316 posts
47 reviews
1. Re: Sending items to New Zealand

Books and magazines get posted from the UK to NZ every day. I have no clue why the RM website would say they are prohibited. I'd go into a shop and sort it out there.

Hexham, United...
4 posts
2. Re: Sending items to New Zealand

I also thought this was the case so I called RM and they told me they are prohibited. I have done live chats with other parcel websites using couriers such as DPD who seem to think it is ok.

I was just wondering if anyone had had any problems in the past with them being delivered. Thank you for your reply :)

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
40,155 posts
450 reviews
3. Re: Sending items to New Zealand

Can’t have those British farming practices polluting young farmers here now, can we!!

Seriously magazines & books from Amazon etc arrive every day. Can’t you just write “books & magazines, NCV (no commercial value) or “gift” on the customs declaration. Does your local post office require to SEE the items before the parcel is sealed? They don’t in NZ but I know they do in OZ.

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
30,239 posts
93 reviews
4. Re: Sending items to New Zealand

I have a bookshop and bring books and magazines into NZ 6 days a week from the UK - they come by courier post without any issue whatsoever.

Reply to: Sending items to New Zealand
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted