We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you help with accommodation suggestions?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
680 posts
9 reviews
8 helpful votes
Can you help with accommodation suggestions?

We went to PM last winter and loved the town, but not so much where we stayed. We decided that a large, all inclusive resort was not for us. We don’t eat or drink enough for it to be worthwhile, and no matter where we were, it was crazy loud (even the poolside water aerobics class was done through a bullhorn).

We love small, luxury boutique hotels, but I haven’t been able to find anything online. We would consider a really nice condo if it has an ocean view and is beachfront with a pool. Would even consider a rental house if it’s oceanfront with a pool, but I would be concerned that there would be too much seaweed on the beach with a house rental.

We only need a 1 or 2 bedroom, and it would be great if it was walking distance to town square, but a short drive would be fine too. Flexible on price, but under $600/night is preferred.

We noticed a LOT of construction going on last time we were there and don’t want a rental that has construction noise going on all the time.

Can anyone suggest anything? Appreciate your help!

6 replies to this topic
South Dakota
Level Contributor
56,226 posts
43 reviews
35 helpful votes
1. Re: Can you help with accommodation suggestions?

Well not luxurious, but very nice is the Amar Inn. I would say quaint…run by lovely locals. It only has a small pool but is run like a B&B with great breakfasts in the morning. Very walkable to town and steps from the beach. Also very quiet…can’t wait to return to this place!! :)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
680 posts
9 reviews
8 helpful votes
2. Re: Can you help with accommodation suggestions?

Thank you coal miner. I’ll check it out!

des moines
Level Contributor
103 posts
116 reviews
81 helpful votes
3. Re: Can you help with accommodation suggestions?

Dos Delfines is a very well run, secure place on the corner of Javier Rojo Gomez and Elias Plutarco. 2 bedroom, 2 bath units with well maintained kitchen. Small pool, beach chairs, bicycles, beach umbrellas. Very roomy living area, very large private balcony/patio. I’ve stayed there many times, ALWAYS loved it. 3rd, 2nd, 1st floor accommodations. Each has its own advantages. Beach a 1 minute walk.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
680 posts
9 reviews
8 helpful votes
4. Re: Can you help with accommodation suggestions?

Thank you treeshaker- will check it out!

des moines
Level Contributor
103 posts
116 reviews
81 helpful votes
5. Re: Can you help with accommodation suggestions?

Sure thing, Lori. If you do stay there please let me know on this thread how you liked it.

des moines
Level Contributor
103 posts
116 reviews
81 helpful votes
6. Re: Can you help with accommodation suggestions?

p.s. I might’ve gotten the cross street backwards—it might be Plutarco Elías. 5 blocks to restaurants and town square (zocalo)

Reply to: Can you help with accommodation suggestions?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Morelos
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.