We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question on resort choice

4 posts
Question on resort choice

Hi all - thanks to those of you who rake the time to answer these questions, it's appreciated!

We are a family of four, 2 x 17 year olds who are snorkeling mad. We are planning on day trips out to key sites as I understand from research that the currents are pretty strong out in the ocean and not ideal conditions off the beach / sargussum etc - that's ok because we really want to visit the country.

Reason for post...we have booked royalton riveria by accident, meant to book royalton splash. If I can't change the booking with my operator - do people report it to be as run down as reviews suggest? I ask because many of the really bad reviews are single contributions and I understand the racket behind TA reviews around the world. If its really not great then I can assess this against the inevitable fee I'll pay to change, excluding extra cost of the actual resort.

Seeking views pls!

Thank you in advance.

2 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
72 posts
1. Re: Question on resort choice

If the reviews on the various sites are all singing the same song, I'd believe them. The price indicates that it may not be a great choice. It is a 10 year old resort and that's a 100 years old in resort years. The ratings are poor. It also seems that a lot is geared to young kids.

You say you want snorkeling. One thing is that the resort is not in Puerto Morelos where the best beach and protected reef park snorkeling is. The beach as you walk north from the beach town gets progressively worse.

We haven't done AI in many years so I can't comment personally but there are resorts that people report have pretty good snorkeling. Barcelo is one. You might look at that. It might suit the teens better.

Edited: 15 May 2024, 09:01
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
24 reviews
60 helpful votes
2. Re: Question on resort choice

Much appreciated, thank you, will take a look

Reply to: Question on resort choice
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Morelos
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.