We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does ERC need a rethink on larger groups?

Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
2 helpful votes
Does ERC need a rethink on larger groups?

seeing the TA reviews for ERC over the past few weeks and it seems that the expectations of larger groups are producing negative reviews for the resort, we started visiting ERC around 2006 and we are due back in July 2024, the ethos at the time was a couples romantic getaway,in recent years (post covid) we have seen a shift in the the amount of larger groups (excluding wedding parties) which seem to demand that they sit together at meal times, not sure how many resorts would cope with 12+ guests wanting to sit together given that there is no reservations, there is also more of a party pool culture around the swim up & Sol bars which gets really noisy, does this need to change?

4 replies to this topic
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,049 posts
71 reviews
82 helpful votes
1. Re: Does ERC need a rethink on larger groups?

If it’s profitable for the company, it’s not going to change. So you might consider looking at other resorts.

Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
2 helpful votes
2. Re: Does ERC need a rethink on larger groups?

Hi Carol,

I understand that ERC is there to make money, however the ethos it portrays is adults only couples romantic getaway, we have visited the property 14 times over the years and have met some amazing guest who we see returning year after year like ourselves, we are returning in July for our 15th stay however the clientele seems to have moved its demographic, we are seeing bigger groups of younger people who are loud and very demanding with no respect for the guests and staff around them, I don't want to change my holiday destination, I would prefer the clientele to act in a mature responsible way rather brash loud mouth irresponsible people who are only interested in themselves.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
3,114 posts
25 reviews
9 helpful votes
3. Re: Does ERC need a rethink on larger groups?

II agree with you but I hate to say that it has been that way almost every where since the pandemic. Hotels don’t want to censor the behavior of o influencers or oblivious rude people. I guess they are afraid of bad reviews on the internet.? It’s a shame.

Edited: 29 April 2024, 12:05
Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
12 posts
16 reviews
43 helpful votes
4. Re: Does ERC need a rethink on larger groups?

Agree

Reply to: Does ERC need a rethink on larger groups?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Morelos
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.