We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short trip with my preteen - hotel help

Longmont, Colorado
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
Short trip with my preteen - hotel help

Hello experts, I am considering a 4 day/night trip starting the latter part of MM Weekend with my daughter (12). It will just be me and her. After doing some research, I think PM is probably our best option, being closer to airport, having a nice beach and smaller community feel. We have stayed in PDC several times (Mahekal Beach Resort is my favorite hotel), but for only 4 days its too far and PM would be a new experience.

I would love some advice on a smaller hotel with a pool directly on the beach (preferable with a balcony facing water). It can be AI, but not necessary. However, a restaurant would be ideal for breakfast/lunch. We want a place to enjoy the pool and beach all day and then be able to go safely out for dinner within walking distance, where there might be a few shops to peruse. We may visit one of the big adventure parks or sightsee one day if we are up to it, but will travel solely by taxi/guided group. Currently I am looking at Hacienda Morelos.

Also how might the sargussum and sand lice be? The one time I went to Cancun it was mid May and I got eaten alive. I don't mind the Sargussum so much if it can be cleaned up each day, but the sand lice was a horrible experience for me.

Thank you so much for your assistance.

2 replies to this topic
Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
4,427 posts
1. Re: Short trip with my preteen - hotel help

We enjoy staying at Amar Inn. Very safe, family owned, (live in house), small pool, gorgeous garden, 1 minute to beach and a delicious breakfast is included. Great location. Short walk to restaurants and to pier to snorkel.

https://www.amarinn.mx/

4 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
2. Re: Short trip with my preteen - hotel help

Hacienda Morelos is just ok, no refrigerator in rooms and the area around the hotel c.an get loud; there is a bar /club close by.

The think the Amar inn is a good suggestion. If having a beachside pool is real important check out hotel Ojo de Agua.

Reply to: Short trip with my preteen - hotel help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Morelos
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.