We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Off the beaten track: Velez Blanco

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
9,276 posts
Off the beaten track: Velez Blanco
Save

Renaissance and Baroque Music Festival

https://www.accioncultural.es/en/festival-of-renaissance-and-baroque-music-of-velez-blanco-2021

Vélez Blanco

https://www.andalucia.org/en/velez-blanco

6 replies to this topic
Velez Blanco, Spain
Destination Expert
for Province of Almeria
Level Contributor
1,840 posts
62 reviews
73 helpful votes
1. Re: Off the beaten track: Velez Blanco
Save

Yes - our Renaissance festival is always a good draw. I am lucky enough to hear various musicians practicing in the run up to the event.

This year is its 20th edition - although I believe a couple of the usual features are unavailable this year due to Covid (such as the big feast).

Please note that if anyone is visiting us - they must adhere to Government rules regarding distancing and mask wearing. If they don't - they will be run out of town with fire and pitchforks :o) While we are all hopeful that events such as these will help local businesses recoup some of our losses... we don't wish to put the health of anyone at risk.

E x

St Austell, United...
Level Contributor
7,699 posts
4 reviews
2 helpful votes
2. Re: Off the beaten track: Velez Blanco
Save

Quite like Velez Blanco. Nice little town that carries it's history well (although I'd have preferred it if it still had the old Nazari castle instead of that monstrosity of the Marques de los Velez (?))

Your down the hill larger neighbour though, Velez Rubio, was pretty disappointing and, very unusually, with a very rude woman in the tourist office.

We wont be risking any pitchforks - wont be back on hols until masks are finished :-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
28,563 posts
289 reviews
305 helpful votes
3. Re: Off the beaten track: Velez Blanco
Save

Good memories of a day in Velez Malaga which we decided to do using the buses from Malaga city. Had some excellent help finding our route from the tourist desk in the Ayuntamiento and walked up to the Ermita de la Virgen de los Remedios for splendid views. Remember a simple lunch behind the town hall at the Bar la Peña. https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g660261-d8787240-Reviews-Bar_La_Pena-Velez_Malaga_Costa_del_Sol_Province_of_Malaga_Andalucia.html

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
9,276 posts
4. Re: Off the beaten track: Velez Blanco
Save

Cadiz, this thread on Velez Blanco (Almeria), not Velez Malaga...

London, United...
Level Contributor
28,563 posts
289 reviews
305 helpful votes
5. Re: Off the beaten track: Velez Blanco
Save

Oops

Velez Blanco, Spain
Destination Expert
for Province of Almeria
Level Contributor
1,840 posts
62 reviews
73 helpful votes
6. Re: Off the beaten track: Velez Blanco
Save

Hey Cadiz_lover - your geography seems about the same as mine :o) Hubby says it's his favourite thing about me as it makes me seem more human instead of being "right" all the time :o). I've only been to Cadiz city once (when we moved from Lanzarote to Almeria by ferry) but the old part of the city is on my list of places to spend some proper time in.

johnincornwall - yes, we're exactly the same as you. No travel until "this" is all over. I'm actually popping out this afternoon to spend some time with a friend before heading off for my "jab". It's just very strange going out without being able to greet our Spanish neighbours with the usual hugs and kisses... so I haven't bothered. First time out socially since June last year. Hopefully we can all return to normal and to our favourite places again soon. I quite like Vélez-Rubio - but we only use it for shopping. Haven't been there socially for almost five years now. Got everything we need right here in Vélez-Blanco and people are always happy to come to me as the town is so pretty. If you return here in the future - give me a shout a few days before, if you like. I'm always up for a vino, tapa and a chat with fellow TA members. I've met up with a few now, and have also been "recognised" when out and about (which is hilarious) xx

Right - must make myself look human before venturing out.

Enjoy what's left of your week, everyone!

Reply to: Off the beaten track: Velez Blanco
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Province of Almeria
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.