We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

evisa question

Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
496 posts
6 reviews
3 helpful votes
evisa question

I have applied for an evisa and paid for .

My trip is September time can anyone just confirm that if the evisa application states that I arrive in September the evisa won't start now?

In other words it won't expiry by the time I arrive

9 replies to this topic
Kiruna, Sweden
Level Contributor
41 posts
55 reviews
52 helpful votes
1. Re: evisa question

I applied in January and got my approved E-visa 3 Feb. It was valid for three months. It reads: "This permit is valid until 3 May 2022" and: "Print And Present your eVisa for validation at any Immigration office 3

days before 3 May 2022. Otherwise it will be Deemed to have Expired". I had written 6 March as my entry date to South Sudan. I initially applied in December but was asked for an invitation so I changed the date on my application which was fine as long as it wasn't yet approved.

Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
496 posts
6 reviews
3 helpful votes
2. Re: evisa question

Thanks so much for this info

SomI applied 28th April

Same.thing need for a letter of invitation which I have now as such sorted

If I get it say today valid until August 3rd 2022

I travel September 3rd so will have to follow this up in June

Many thanks

South Sudan
Level Contributor
4 posts
3. Re: evisa question

Hi there, if you apply this month then your evisa will expired by August and you will be forced to get another one. You hold your evisa application to South Sudan until early July if you will be travelling in September 2022, so that it expires in October 2022 long after you are done with your tour.

London, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
5 reviews
3 helpful votes
4. Re: evisa question

If I may ask please- did you get a letter of invitation from a hotel? Is it possible to do this. I am mid-way through the process of my eVisa application and the status is still pending because I need to submit a letter of invitation. Any advice on how to get this will be appreciated. I am travelling under a UK passport as well.

Thanks.

South Sudan
Level Contributor
4 posts
5. Re: evisa question

Hi WhatsApp us on this number +211924570483 and will be able to help you. Thanks

Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
496 posts
6 reviews
3 helpful votes
6. Re: evisa question

yes I got hotel to do letter od invitation

London, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
5 reviews
3 helpful votes
7. Re: evisa question

^

Thanks for the reply. But can you share the details of hotels accredited to do this? Or the one you used? Because clearly the one I made the original booking for doesn't seem to.

Thanks in advance.

Kiruna, Sweden
Level Contributor
41 posts
55 reviews
52 helpful votes
8. Re: evisa question

Acacia Village in Juba wrote my invitation when I stayed there three nights in March.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
5 helpful votes
9. Re: evisa question

I have just applied for and received eVisa for South Sudan. The eVisa was issued within 2 hours of application on the e-visa portal: http://www.evisa.gov.ss

My application was for a single entry tourist visa. eVisa is valid for 3 months from date of issuance.

As part of the application, you will need to upload a passport photo, passport page, invitation letter, yellow fever vaccination certificate, Covid-19 vaccination certificate.

Invitation letter can be issued by a hotel or tour operator.

I hope this helps!

Reply to: evisa question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about South Sudan
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.