We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Princess for a day

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
171 posts
Save Topic
Princess for a day

Hi,

Has anybody recently booked the princess for a day experience? Was it any good? What exactly happens on the day and how much does it cost? Do you have to stay at a Disney hotel to be allowed to book it? We have annual Dream tickets and stay at a non Disney hotel. Do we get a discount on it and what time of the day is it usually done?

Sorry for all these questions. It's my girls 6th birthday 30/12 and I also want to book a meal with the princesses next week, but don't want to book it at the same time if possible so that I can do both and the cake.

Thanks,

Stefanie xx

61 replies to this topic
Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Princess for a day

Hello Stefanie,

we went in August and did PFOD with my 2 girls.

you book the package in the disney shop in the disneyland hotel, there are 3 levels of package and each level dictates which dress you can choose.

we went for the mid level as the top one only included ELSA (both girls already had this dress) and new cinderella dress which neither liked (I loved it tho)

You chose a time from their list when you book. You must arrive 15 mins before this time with your DD already dressed. the make up and hair takes about 20 mins to do then the photographer takes their photos in various poses. My girls really did feel like super stars!

If you go a morning time then you could go straight from there to auberge for lunch.

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
171 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Princess for a day

Thanks snowbunny2108 for the info. How much does it cost for the packages and is there any more info anywhere to look at them before we get there on the 26th December, to choose the one right for us. Do you think going there on the 26th to book for the 30th is early enough and do they give you a dress and you can keep that one afterwards?x

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Princess for a day

There are various packages. Some mums bring a dress (as the ones in the park can be a bit pricey and Adsa and the Disney store seems to always have deals on) and then get hair makeup and the photo's done at the experience. There is an up to date thread about PFAD here tripadvisor.ie/ShowTopic-g2079053-i21935-k68…

Hope she has a very special time

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
171 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Princess for a day

Thank you Solo_Beckett. I do hope she has an extra special day, it definitely will not fail on me not trying hard enough, haha.😆

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,942 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Princess for a day

Hi Stefanie, PFAD Salon in the Disneyland Hotel is on the 2nd floor - turn left at the top of the Grand Staircase where it forks and go around the corner. You can see it if you look up from Reception.

https:/…72157657602705443

During Frozen Summer they had a PFAD Salon in Arrendelle Village in Frontierland, but only for Anna and Elsa makeovers. Same prices as PFAD in the DLH. As the Frozen Sing-Along is returning from 14th November for Christmas season they may well have the Frozen PFAD there again.

55€ for hair and make up.

120€ for hair, make up and dress.

180€ for hair, make up and Prestige Anna or Cinderella dress (which costs 140€ )

Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Princess for a day

Sorry to intrude on someone elses post. Does anyone know which dresses are included in the €120 princess for a day thanks

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,942 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Princess for a day

Hi Kml, in January clare posted that it excluded the Rapunzel wedding dress that cost 130€.

If you want to check, you can email the DLH shop or phone them.

dlp.dlh.boutique@disney.com

0033 160 45 65 98

Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Princess for a day

Thank you for your help. So excited to be going we have never been

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
171 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Princess for a day

I had an email back from Disney regarding the opening hours and availability of the Princess for a Day packages over the Christmas and New Years Eve holidays. Somebody mentioned that the salon at the DLH isn't open all the time, so I emailed them to find out if it was opened on the day of my daughters 6th birthday. This is what they replied. As you can see there are some dates when the shop will be closed. I have also had confirmation that the Frozen Princess for a Day shop will be re-opened over the Christmas season as well, so for Anna or Elsa packages you have to go there and not to the store at the DLH. I hope this is helpful to people planning up front and saves disappointment on the day.

Princess for the Day : :

At the Disneyland hotel

- Pack including a Princess dress, and make up to be bought in the shop ‘la galerie Mickey’ (+33 1 60 45 67 65) on the second floor at Disneyland Hotel.

Open from 10am to 5.20pm :

From the 20th March 2015 to 01st November 2015.

From the 07th November to 11th November 2015.

The 14th and 15th November, the 21st and 22nd November, the 28th and 29th November 2015.

The 04th December to 08th December 2015.

The 12th and 13th December 2015.

From 19th December 2015 to 10th January 2016.

The 16th and 17th January 2016, the 23d and 24th January, the 30th and 31st January 2016.

From the 06th February 2016 to the 16th November 2016.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,942 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Princess for a day

Hi Stefanie, thanks for the information.

I didn't realise that they don't do an Anna or Elsa makeover in the DLH when the salon in 'Arrendelle' is open, so you have to go there.

This is the Royal Couturier PFAD salon in Arrendelle Market Place in Cottonwood Creek, Frontierland.

https:/…

Girls who have the Anna or Elsa makeover are given a ticket for them and their family to sit in the reserved area to watch Frozen Sing-Along.

https:/…

Reply to: Princess for a day
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted