We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Nights in Stavanger recommendations and Pulpit Rock visit

11 posts
2 Nights in Stavanger recommendations and Pulpit Rock visit

Hi guys, thinking of flying to Stavanger soon and staying there for 2 nights mainly to visit the pulpit rock. I would be arriving in the afternoon so I'll have a full day to explore Stavanger. Any tips or hidden gems would be appreciated. On the second day, I'm planning on going to the pulpit rock early morning. I've read that it isn't a difficult hike, but just like to know if the path is dangerous? I don't have much experience hiking but if it's just a regular track with stone stairs, I wouldn't mind even if I have to take regular breaks as long as I can reach to the rock. Also, if I get back by afternoon, I'll have another half day to spend in Stanvanger so would also appreciate maybe some light activities on the second day. Thanks!

2 replies to this topic
Charmouth, United...
Level Contributor
2,813 posts
1 review
1. Re: 2 Nights in Stavanger recommendations and Pulpit Rock visit

You can 'walk' all of the Preikestolen hike with Street View. Here's a start for you https://goo.gl/maps/ZRY23vtyrXq . Bear in mind these photos were taken on a fine day in August. It may be very different on the day you are there i.e. wind and rain, so you need to be prepared for that.

Tullamore, Ireland
Level Contributor
3 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: 2 Nights in Stavanger recommendations and Pulpit Rock visit

The Lysefjord cruise is lovely...wear your raingear and get out on deck! Just turn up at the ferry in town centre and pay on board. The oil museum is self guided and I also recommend it. Walk around the old town and visit the canning museum to step back in time. Enjoy!

Reply to: 2 Nights in Stavanger recommendations and Pulpit Rock visit
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Stavanger