We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bergen to Pulpit

Paris, France
Level Contributor
31 posts
132 reviews
Bergen to Pulpit

Hi Folks,

Need a practical advice from you all.

My earlier plan was to visit Trolltunga from Bergen. So, planned to stay in Odda for 2 nights.

D1: Arrive from Bergen

D2: Trolltunga trek

D3: Back to Bergen (morning)- fly out of Bergen

But comparing other treks with Trolltunga and a push from Home to witness the MI-6 climax scene venue :) , I am now open for Pulpit rock. So, I am planning for

D1: Bergen to Stavanger (or Tau?)

D2: Pulpit and back to Bergen

D3: Fly out

My questions:

1. Should I stay in Stavanger or Tau or (just discovered) Preikestolen fjellstue ?

2. Is it again 5 hrs bus to and from Bergen

3. My flight is at 17:40 from Bergen. May I dare to stay 1 more night at Stavanger or Tau or Preikestolen?

Thank you very much for your answers.

2 replies to this topic
Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
34,193 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: Bergen to Pulpit

Without a car you would have to travel to/from Stavanger + additional travel Stavanger to Pulpit Rock with the transport on offer from Stavanger. You will spend most of your time in transit for a 4 hour hike in possible poor weather conditions and like ants in a row due to the hype of this hike.

Enjoy Bergen and take the hikes directly off the city center or cheat using the cable car or funicular.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
31 posts
132 reviews
2. Re: Bergen to Pulpit

Thanks @Klima.

I am finally staying 2 nights in Bergen, effectively 1 day, and traveling to Stavanger by bus tomorrow. Would stay at the Preikestolen Lodge to have a lazy trek the next day.

Reply to: Bergen to Pulpit
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Stavanger