We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Switzerland and Austria

Live Oak, Florida
Level Contributor
10 posts
20 reviews
36 helpful votes
Switzerland and Austria
Save

My 4 adult children and I will be in Switzerland and Austria for 5 days and 4 nights in October. We are from Florida in the USA. We have never been to Austria and would appreciate some suggestions on where to stay and what to see in our short time. Any help would be appreciated

3 replies to this topic
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
36,805 posts
81 reviews
68 helpful votes
1. Re: Switzerland and Austria
Save

hopefully you will be able to travel, but in view of your very short time, i cannot see you having much of a chance to visit two countries in that time. better to stick to one place.

where are you flying in to? where are you flying out from? how are you travelling? all the travel will eat into your visit.

as to what to see? what do you WANT to see, or is this a visit to say you have "bin there...dun that " ?

i would suggest that you get a guide book for each country and you will see the wide diversity of sights in both countries

Colne, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
22,445 posts
98 reviews
202 helpful votes
2. Re: Switzerland and Austria
Save

With only four nights I’d stick to one country and one base. Austria is cheaper than Switzerland and every bit as scenic.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
32,143 posts
27 reviews
167 helpful votes
3. Re: Switzerland and Austria
Save

In order to learn what can be seen and done in a certain country, you need to do some basic research by yourself.

www.austria.info

As mentioned, the timeframe stated, good for two countries, in which there is a lot to do and see, is very poor.

Reply to: Switzerland and Austria
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Austria
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.