We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquitoes

Prestwick, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
5 reviews
2 helpful votes
Mosquitoes

Hi

We are currently trying to plan our holiday for early October. I was wondering what the mosquito situation is like in Paphos at that time of year ? They seem to love me and I have tried all the prevention things and none seem to work !!! Hope someone can help . Thanks

13 replies to this topic
Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
2,757 posts
154 reviews
93 helpful votes
1. Re: Mosquitoes

Never saw one in Paphos last October, not a single bite & didn’t use any bug spray.

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
83 reviews
74 helpful votes
2. Re: Mosquitoes

Likewise...they can't afford Cyprus prices!

:-)

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
127 posts
45 reviews
21 helpful votes
3. Re: Mosquitoes

Op, like you, they seem to love me too!

Been to Paphos in late September early October several times and never had any bother.

Prestwick, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
5 reviews
2 helpful votes
4. Re: Mosquitoes

Thanks everyone, now have to decide where to stay !!!

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
851 posts
65 reviews
38 helpful votes
5. Re: Mosquitoes

I don't think you can call it as occasionally i get bitten at this time yr but there's loads around at min & I've loads bites, however for €10 buy mosquito milk for pharmacy and bring some plug ins

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
63 reviews
55 helpful votes
6. Re: Mosquitoes

I'm prone to bites and arrive on 24th April so I'll pack mosquito spray & plug in for room at Atlantica golden beach.

Greater London...
Level Contributor
190 posts
129 reviews
156 helpful votes
7. Re: Mosquitoes

I’m another mozzy victim! I never used to suffer in Cyprus but I have noticed they’ve been more prevalent over the last couple of years and it doesn’t seem to matter what time of year it is either - we tend to go in April, June, August, October and December and there will always be one waiting for me. Or maybe I’m just getting yummier as I get older. Anyway, buy some Eurax cream from Boots before your trip, just in case. This is THE most effective anti-itch cream I’ve ever tried. You’ve probably already tried it but get some Repel spray too. It’s a Boots brand and is pretty effective as a deterrent but make sure you get the one with 50% strength (Deet). It’s a bit stinky but it works for me, just with a quick spray on my legs, arms and the back of my neck, particularly at dusk which seems to be the ‘hunt me down’ time! Don’t get the Repel lotion as it’s too greasy. I hope you have a lovely itch-free trip. Let us know how you get on.

Edited: 08 April 2024, 21:00
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
63 reviews
55 helpful votes
8. Re: Mosquitoes

Ok I'll do that thx & so helpful

It would spoil my holiday 15 days + counting down!

Greater London...
Level Contributor
190 posts
129 reviews
156 helpful votes
9. Re: Mosquitoes

We arrive a few days after you so we’ll be fighting it out for mozzy affection and everyone else will be safe! Maybe we should keep a scorecard and compare notes afterwards?!

Prestwick, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
5 reviews
2 helpful votes
10. Re: Mosquitoes

Thank you Paphos UK . I will certainly go shopping to Boots before I go .Great information thanks again

Reply to: Mosquitoes
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Paphos
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.