We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alexandra the Great Hotel

Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
Alexandra the Great Hotel

Hello, I have booked this hotel for mid march and now see its having major renovations and some say it won’t be finished before May. Jet2 didn’t say a word on booking.

Does anyone know what’s happening ? Jet2 have yet to reply to my message. All i want is a quiet spot to read in peace :( Thanks

31 replies to this topic
Greater London...
Level Contributor
174 posts
128 reviews
155 helpful votes
1. Re: Alexandra the Great Hotel

You should probably put this question to Jet2 in the first instance. Also, please take a look at the ‘Construction Work’ thread 2 down from yours - there are some mentions of the Alexander the Great towards the end.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
2,745 posts
154 reviews
93 helpful votes
2. Re: Alexandra the Great Hotel

It is supposed to reopen on 6th March but looking at recent videos there still seems to be a lot to be done before then. I wouldn’t worry too much as if it doesn’t open on time they may move you to the sister hotels The Amavi if you don’t have kids with you or The Olympic Lagoon if you do l. Both these hotels are excellent & btw the proper name is The Alexander the Great.

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
83 reviews
74 helpful votes
3. Re: Alexandra the Great Hotel

It seems that people who have booked the Alexander the Great are being moved to the Olympic Lagoon hotel pending completion of the work, according to recent reviews.

Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
4. Re: Alexandra the Great Hotel

Thanks for your replies. I have asked jet2 as I say I am still waiting on a reply . I will stop worrying as it seems an alternative will be offered if not open in time. Cheers

Leeds, west...
Level Contributor
428 posts
54 reviews
19 helpful votes
5. Re: Alexandra the Great Hotel

I have it from a very informed source that the Alex WILL reopen on the 6th of March. Sorry, I will not name my informer !

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
2,745 posts
154 reviews
93 helpful votes
6. Re: Alexandra the Great Hotel

Just as a matter of interest I messaged Flawia at the Alex about the room renovations & she said the work currently being done does not include any work to the rooms. To he honest I’m a wee bit disappointed as I think the rooms coukd have done with being modernised especially the bathrooms.

England
Level Contributor
4,279 posts
16 reviews
54 helpful votes
7. Re: Alexandra the Great Hotel

They seemed to say on the video on the Construction Work thread that they were installing walk in showers to some rooms.

Not sure where they get their information though.

England
Level Contributor
4,279 posts
16 reviews
54 helpful votes
8. Re: Alexandra the Great Hotel

Latest update video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8RrktC_kUE

That 6th March date looks rather optimistic.

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
845 posts
65 reviews
38 helpful votes
9. Re: Alexandra the Great Hotel

Personally i prefer Dominics posts on Paphoslife.com , latest on the Alex was 4 days ago. Much more interesting in everything paphos 😊

Greater London...
Level Contributor
174 posts
128 reviews
155 helpful votes
10. Re: Alexandra the Great Hotel

I agree, I really enjoy the passion that Dominic has and his posts are really informative.

Reply to: Alexandra the Great Hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Paphos
Recent Conversations
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.