We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Construction work

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
9 helpful votes
Construction work
Save

Coming to Paphos shortly - first time in Cyprus -have read about re-construction but seemed like mostly last year - is it still going on? If so what is affected? Staying at Amavi for Two.

16 replies to this topic
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
281 posts
79 reviews
53 helpful votes
1. Re: Construction work
Save

All the rooms in the Amavi face the sea so any construction work is not likely to affect your stay. You've chosen a lovely hotel with pleasant grounds and a great staff.

Another posting a week or so ago gave a link to a utube video of a car ride around some of Paphos's streets and the construction seemed to be opposite the Annabelle and the Almyra. We hope the Nest will be functioning next week when we arrive - best halloumi and lountza sandwich ever.

England
Level Contributor
4,269 posts
16 reviews
54 helpful votes
2. Re: Construction work
Save

They are knocking seven bells out of the Alexander the Great hotel (next one down from the Amavi) but I wouldn’t think that will affect you.

Have a great holiday.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
2,742 posts
154 reviews
93 helpful votes
3. Re: Construction work
Save

I would love to know what the Alexander the Greats refurbishment entails. I did hear it was the refurbishment of the breakfast restaurant & the installation of walk in showers in some rooms but if anyone has any further details I would appreciate knowing. Thanks

England
Level Contributor
4,269 posts
16 reviews
54 helpful votes
4. Re: Construction work
Save

They’ve demolished the Asian restaurant at the front of the hotel. I believe it is to be re-built.

They’re also doing some work to balconies and to the adults only area, but not sure what exactly.

England
Level Contributor
4,269 posts
16 reviews
54 helpful votes
5. Re: Construction work
Save

This video shows some of the work. Skip to about 6 minutes in:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy1LTtLdOMo&pp=ygUhbWFyaWthIGFuZCBtZSBhbGV4YW5kZXIgdGhlIGdyZWF0

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
2,742 posts
154 reviews
93 helpful votes
6. Re: Construction work
Save

Wow that video is interesting. I had no idea the renovations were going to be so drastic. Hope the new 7 Orchids is as nice as the old one was.

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
845 posts
65 reviews
38 helpful votes
7. Re: Construction work
Save

And supposedly reopening 28th February!

England
Level Contributor
4,269 posts
16 reviews
54 helpful votes
8. Re: Construction work
Save

Latest completion date I heard was May.

Which will come as a blow for anyone booked for March / April.

There is talk of a roof top bar / restaurant.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
2,742 posts
154 reviews
93 helpful votes
9. Re: Construction work
Save

It didn’t look as though they could finish the work by the end if this month when I viewed the video, Hoping the possible May deadline may be met as we are hoping to stay at the beginning of June.

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
99 reviews
116 helpful votes
10. Re: Construction work
Save

Great to know - looking forward to it, Thank you

Reply to: Construction work
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Paphos
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.