We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

football matches in Cyprus

Bathgate, United...
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
70 reviews
105 helpful votes
football matches in Cyprus

I'm out in February and during that week Pafos are playing Nea Salamis at home and I'm thinking about going along.

Is it safe enough for British tourists to go along to games in Cyprus and is it easy enough to get tickets, also how near is Pafos stadium to Kato area and what is the best way of getting there.

Any tips at all would be appreciated

Cheers in advance

8 replies to this topic
Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
285 posts
6 reviews
6 helpful votes
1. Re: football matches in Cyprus

Not been to the stadium but it is quite close to town on the road towards the airport. Maybe the bus to the airport stops near by.

We made the mistake of thinking the Paphos club shop was on tomb of the Kings Road turns out when we went in that it's their office building.

They politely told us that the club shop is at the stadium and only open on match days. We weren't the only people that wandered in looking for shirts etc.

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
845 posts
65 reviews
38 helpful votes
2. Re: football matches in Cyprus

Strange as the shop is down that way, the roundabout at tomb of the kings the shop is just off that

London
Destination Expert
for Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,893 posts
37 reviews
16 helpful votes
3. Re: football matches in Cyprus

Buying tickets is not easy - have a look at https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g190372-i9179-k14513792-How_to_buy_football_tickets_in_Cyprus_as_a_tourist-Cyprus.html

Bathgate, United...
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
70 reviews
105 helpful votes
4. Re: football matches in Cyprus

Thanks for that family guy, wow, thats some carry on to go to a footbal game...lol

Edited: 08 January 2024, 07:32
Bathgate, United...
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
70 reviews
105 helpful votes
5. Re: football matches in Cyprus

OK so following on, thanks for the link family guy, I did go through the process and go to a match and to be honest the process was not that hard.

Took a photo against one of the white walls in my apartment, where it says front page and back of ID I used my main page of passport and the other page before that with my number on it, another person on the link you put up used the photo page twice. If anyone's not sure what to put in as postcode, the four letters directly after Paphos in addresses is the postcode, ours was Paphos 8036 and it was the 8036 I used. Won't take much more than about 5 minutes to apply with all the right info and the number came back in about 10 minutes then I was able to set up an account with Pafos fc and book tickets.

2 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
6. Re: football matches in Cyprus

I got sent an email after applying. a 6 number code. Is this my code for the login website? It doesn’t work and keeps saying login failed

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
17 reviews
31 helpful votes
7. Re: football matches in Cyprus

No, I believe that code that was emailed is input into the second page of the application

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
17 reviews
31 helpful votes
8. Re: football matches in Cyprus

No, I believe that code that was emailed is input into the second page of the application

Reply to: football matches in Cyprus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Paphos
Recent Conversations
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.