We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avlida and Athena Hotels

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
182 reviews
130 helpful votes
Avlida and Athena Hotels

Looking at Paphos as a good option for a quick Easter break 2024 which is end of March next year. This is very much an extra so budget is a consideration.

Looking on Easy Jet Holidays Alvida comes up and I can see where it is on a dual carriageway a bit of a distance away from the harbour, so presumably a bus trip there. Then both Athena Hotels are only about £130 ish more pp and I can see they are away from the harbour in the other direction, look much nicer and are directly on the beach with one being adults only and the other accepting children. Is this area a much, much better area to be in? Google earthing around Athena I can't see loads of restaurants but am I correct in assuming there is a coastal promenade that would take you to the harbour or is that too far and is it a bus trip away?

I suppose the other alternative is to see what the flights are like when Easy Jet release this year's full Winter schedule into next Easter and then see if there are just flight options that are reasonable and to decide on flight and hotel package or separate flight booking and me selecting an apartment right in the harbour that I book direct.

Even if we did do say one of the Athenas it would only be b&b basis as we like eating out. But at that time of year the gardens look pleasant and hopefully there would be options for finding a sheltered spot for sunbathing.

Really just asking for guidance as to whether to concentrate on Athena (book direct for a harbourside apartment) or take the gamble with the cheaper Avlida, but sometimes things are cheaper for a reason!? I've read that the Avlida didn't get good reviews a while back with tour operators delisting etc.

17 replies to this topic
Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
2,745 posts
154 reviews
93 helpful votes
1. Re: Avlida and Athena Hotels

Both the Athena hotels are good. There’s a bus runs along the road outside to the harbour if you didn’t want to walk both ways.

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
182 reviews
130 helpful votes
2. Re: Avlida and Athena Hotels

I think I can see that both of the Athena Hotels really are in another class and have a great position overlooking the sea with lovely gardens.

Thank you for coming back to confirm they are good hotels.

Level Contributor
109 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
3. Re: Avlida and Athena Hotels

The Athena hotels are in a great location, both have large grounds overlooking the sea. There are a number of lovely restaurants within 5 minutes walk plus check out the Fiesta for drinks and food. The walk into Paphos harbour is a pleasant stroll during the day and the bus is €1.50 for any journey, buses are regular too.

Runcorn, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
397 reviews
238 helpful votes
4. Re: Avlida and Athena Hotels

Currently in the Adult only Athena Royal. It is lovely and staff very good. Need to book a sea view room to get maximum enjoyment. Inland view not great.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
2,745 posts
154 reviews
93 helpful votes
5. Re: Avlida and Athena Hotels

If booking any sea front hotel in Paphos the only room to book is a sea view imo. Most side views are of car parks & mountain views face a busy road,

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
182 reviews
130 helpful votes
6. Re: Avlida and Athena Hotels

Thank you everyone. I take your point about booking seaview as it does make a difference!

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
182 reviews
130 helpful votes
7. Re: Avlida and Athena Hotels

Idg23. Hope you are having a lovely holiday at the moment. Out of interest what's the weather like for you at the moment in early March?

Runcorn, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
397 reviews
238 helpful votes
8. Re: Avlida and Athena Hotels

The weather this time has been great for 10 days. Up to 24C day time felt cool in the evening. Came 3 years ago same time and it was a bit cooler then so can’t guarantee but massively better than home. Considering staying on but too expensive.

Glos.
Level Contributor
2,369 posts
29 reviews
61 helpful votes
9. Re: Avlida and Athena Hotels

Lots of snow forecast here in the next few days Igd !!!!

Runcorn, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
397 reviews
238 helpful votes
10. Re: Avlida and Athena Hotels

That’s why we were considering staying on but have decided to suffer the snow.

Reply to: Avlida and Athena Hotels
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Paphos
Recent Conversations
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.