We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brúárfoss - Where is it?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Brúárfoss - Where is it?

I cant find where Brúárfoss is. All i have found is that "its on the way to geysir". Can anyone help me locate this cool waterfall?

thanks!

Delft, The...
Level Contributor
636 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Brúárfoss - Where is it?

The Brúarfoss is quite unknown probably because it's hidden in the hills, a few kilometers from the main road. GPS coordinates are (more or less) 64° 15,887'N, 20° 30,980'W :

http://ja.is/kort/#x=426455&y=418873&z=7

To get there, take road 37 from Laugarvatn in the direction of Geysir. After 14 km, just before the crossing with road 355, you'll go over a bridge across a river. The waterfall is about 4 km upstream in this river. To get there, you have to continue on road 37 for 2-3 km, until you see the entrance of a holidaypark with summer houses on your left. I remember that this is on a small hill and there is a sign (maybe Miðhúsaskógur ?). Go into the entrance, and follow the main track until it is blocked by a gate. From here you'll have to follow the track on foot (about 15 minutes walking). I think there are signs pointing in the direction of the waterfall. But if not, remember that the river is on your left .

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brúárfoss - Where is it?

AWESOME! Thank you so much for your help! I really do appreciate it.

3. Re: Brúárfoss - Where is it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 12:16