We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

18hrs layover in Athens what to do? Where to stay?

Atlanta, United...
1 post
2 reviews
18hrs layover in Athens what to do? Where to stay?

Hello, we will be in Athens next month. We arrive around 12pm and our flight to Mykonos is not until next day at 7am. Any recommendations on where to stay? Hopefully somewhere convenient to get to the airport for early departure. Also what are the most do with our limited time. TIA

4 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
476 posts
499 reviews
1. Re: 18hrs layover in Athens what to do? Where to stay?

Although expensive. Your best bet is to stay at the Sofitel at the airport. It's less than 5 minute walk to and from the terminal

Ohio
Level Contributor
6 posts
119 reviews
2. Re: 18hrs layover in Athens what to do? Where to stay?

I recommend the neighborhood Markopoulo which is next to the airport. (Message me for an Airbnb recommendation). Someone told me that they had Ubered there for 6 or 8 Euro. It is a walkable little town. The apartment where we stayed had a nice little square with restaurants, cafes, grocery, bakery, etc. Very easy and cute! We stayed there arriving and departing Athens when we had to return the rental car at 6 am at the airport. I think you are two exits away from the airport at Markopoulo.

12 posts
3. Re: 18hrs layover in Athens what to do? Where to stay?

Hi, Angangang,

I thought there are not Ubers in Greece. Are you sure they used an Uber? Thanks.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
206 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: 18hrs layover in Athens what to do? Where to stay?

Try to contact Peri's hotel which is 10 to 15 minutes dive. They provide free airport transfer

Reply to: 18hrs layover in Athens what to do? Where to stay?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted