We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation - Weekly buffet

England
Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
Accommodation - Weekly buffet

Just wanted to gauge opinion on the weekly get togethers that some of the smaller hotels organise.

Being a shy unsociable person I try to avoid them in as much as if I see that a hotel organises one I choose not to go there.

Am I alone in thinking this way?

5 replies to this topic
Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
12,420 posts
88 reviews
1. Re: Accommodation - Weekly buffet

If you mean a BBQ/Greek night, then there us definitely no compulsion to attend, and often these events are cancelled due to lack of interest!

England
Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Accommodation - Weekly buffet

Thanks, I obviously realise that it is not compulsory.

There is only one time I have been in the situation where I did not attend and I did feel a bit uncomfortable when I went out for the evening and it seemed as though everybody else was at the Greek night. Maybe that is just me though.

The trouble is Steve the couple of places that I am interested in a lot of the reviews mention the Greek night so I am guessing that these particular ones do go ahead.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
9,963 posts
141 reviews
3. Re: Accommodation - Weekly buffet

You said you are "unsociable' then why would you go? You must also be insecure to be asking this question.

Get out there and have fun

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
12,420 posts
88 reviews
4. Re: Accommodation - Weekly buffet

Where are you thinking of going? Maybe there is someone on here who knows the place and can give you some more information. It would be best if you post the names on the specific forum - there is a forum for most resorts on most islands and of course those on the mainland.

We never participate in any Greek night at the hotel/apartment even if there is one, and just return to our apartment when we come back after being wherever. No-one notices or cares.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
23,827 posts
43 reviews
5. Re: Accommodation - Weekly buffet

All destinations - islands, towns, main villages, areas etc. in Greece has its own dedicated forum on Trip Advisor. Also note that most of the regular contributors for the different destinations only follow "their" dedicated forum - very few of those look up the main general "Greece" forum.

You can find the forum which cover your destination by doing a search using the green "Greece" tab on the very top of the page.

Reply to: Accommodation - Weekly buffet
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Greece