We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Katakolon

colchester
Destination Expert
for Stoupa
Level Contributor
2,307 posts
5 reviews
Katakolon

I'd like to visit Katakolon for a few days next year, Which airport should I choose for my arrival, and is there a regular bus service in Katakolon. Thanks.

4 replies to this topic
Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
23,826 posts
43 reviews
1. Re: Katakolon

All destinations - islands, towns, main villages, areas etc. in Greece has its own dedicated forum on Trip Advisor. Also note that most of the regular contributors for the different destinations only follow "their" dedicated forum - very few of those look up the main general "Greece" forum.

Repost your question in the dedicated Olympia forum by following the link below, and you stand a much better chance to get a reply.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g189…

Duplicate postings are causing confusion about where to reply to your questions.

You can easily remove this post to avoid this problem. In every post you will find a line at the end of the post that reads “Report inappropriate content”. In this there is an option for you to click the line “Remove my post”.

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
12,354 posts
78 reviews
2. Re: Katakolon

Why on earth would she want to post in the Olympia forum to ask about Katakolon?

Carol, the nearest airport is Araxos, but unfortunately no flights from the UK there, Ryanair did do a season some years ago, but I’m sure no one does it now.

Stick with Kalamata, it’s not too much further away than Araxos, but also consider Athens for a much wider choice & flexibility of flights. Ryanair fly to Athens from Stansted. If you are then planning to go to Stoúpa you could fly home from Kalamata if you don’t want to return to Athens.

Edited: 16 October 2018, 04:37
Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
23,826 posts
43 reviews
3. Re: Katakolon

Every search for Katakolon in the Greek forums come up with Olympia as the correct local forum.

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
12,354 posts
78 reviews
4. Re: Katakolon

People post there because most are arriving in Katokolon (often on a cruise) specifically to visit Olympia.

There is a specific forum for Katakolon which is more relevant to actually staying there,

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g102…

Reply to: Katakolon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted