We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving at Alkmaar at midnight

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
3 posts
38 reviews
64 helpful votes
Arriving at Alkmaar at midnight

Hi. Is there a nightbus from the Alkmaar metro station going around the town? We're arriving past midnight and need to reach our airbnb which is 2km away from Alkmaar station.

7 replies to this topic
Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
17,383 posts
3 reviews
2 helpful votes
1. Re: Arriving at Alkmaar at midnight

If you're arriving at Schiphol at 11:35 PM there is no way you're going to be in Alkmaar at midnight. I've arrived in Alkmaar late night and caught a taxi at the train station but not as late as you're arriving. Don't know if there will be one there for that last train or not. If you catch that last train.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness"--Mark Twain

2. Re: Arriving at Alkmaar at midnight

This post has been removed at the author's request.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Alkmaar, The...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
4 helpful votes
3. Re: Arriving at Alkmaar at midnight

There are always taxi's at Alkmaar Station — if it is only 2km from the station to your airbnb then you may want to rent a bike at the station. There is a bicycle parking and in the office they rent bikes. It is the bets way to navigate Alkmaar anyway and they come handy when you return by train as well. I live 2km from the train station and typically carry my small stroller on the rack of my bicycle when going to the airport.

2km is quite walkable too. The city is super safe. But it depends on the luggage you are carrying with you.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
50,815 posts
71 reviews
188 helpful votes
4. Re: Arriving at Alkmaar at midnight

necropost

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
135 posts
5. Re: Arriving at Alkmaar at midnight

Bicycle is the way to go but luggage is usually an issue. Look up some taxi places, write down the numbers and if you get tp the station and there are no taxis then just call one. If you are on a tight budget or just like saving money you can walk, which is also nice. Obviously your luggage must be light or have strong wheels. Or you can ask your host if they can pick you up.

The wheels on my "travel professional quality" luggage literally fell apart on the cobble streets of Bruges. So I put rollerblade wheels on it and now I walk with my luggage for anything under 2 km. I have saved quite a bit of money this way.

Edited: 5 years ago
Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
17,383 posts
3 reviews
2 helpful votes
6. Re: Arriving at Alkmaar at midnight

If the worry is about taxis being there that late what the chances are of getting a bike rental.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness"--Mark Twain

Port Townsend...
Level Contributor
13,258 posts
4 reviews
2 helpful votes
7. Re: Arriving at Alkmaar at midnight

>Bicycle is the way to go but luggage is usually an issue.

Classic Molly.

Reply to: Arriving at Alkmaar at midnight
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Alkmaar
Recent Conversations
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.