We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carefull - Do not rent a car with WOWRent

1 post
1 review
Carefull - Do not rent a car with WOWRent

ROBBERY! DO NOT RENT WITH THEM! If you don't want to be robbed don't rent with them. When they give you the car they check it in seconds and they don't mark all the scratches (we were the ones you alerted them to some of the scratches, they don't look at the mirrors for example) and then when you give the car back they look at everything with huge detail to try to find things that they didn't mark at the beginning (now they look at the mirrors) and make you pay huge amounts of money for things you didn't do. Worst, when you complain they sat they don't understand what you are saying (now they don't understand English anymore!) and deny giving you their names. We payed 154 euros for a 1 mm scratch in the mirror we didn't do, we complained, they refused to give their names (the responsable person said his name was Marco but no last mame and the girl that did the check out didn't say her name) and became aggressive.

Really if you don't want to waste money do not use this company. They are not honest and should be closed.

22 replies to this topic
Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
139 reviews
1. Re: Carefull - Do not rent a car with WOWRent

Grazie,ma qui si dovrebbe scrivere solo un italiano!

2. Re: Carefull - Do not rent a car with WOWRent

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2018, 08:22

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
40,738 posts
18 reviews
3. Re: Carefull - Do not rent a car with WOWRent

If you checked the car, because the attendant didn't do a good job of it, and found additional damage and had it notated, how can you claim the damage *you didn't find* when you checked the car was already there?

The attendant checks the car then has the client check the car and add anything they didn't notice. ALL rental companies work this way. It's your responsibility to check the car, which you did. If you didn't find the damage when you checked it it's probably because it wasn't there.

Donna

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Carefull - Do not rent a car with WOWRent

I had photographic evidence there was no damage to the car and I still was charged £300. Beware of this company. This is the worst rental experience I've ever had.

CA
Level Contributor
11,460 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Carefull - Do not rent a car with WOWRent

Here we go again. If you have bothered to get reviews, you would have found them to be one of the worst in Italty.

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero, Melton Mowbray, Elora
Level Contributor
16,891 posts
72 reviews
6. Re: Carefull - Do not rent a car with WOWRent

"If you have bothered to get reviews, you would have found them to be one of the worst in Italty."

And it's reviews like this that will be helpful to future travelers. If people didn't report on their experiences, there would be no reviews for people to read if and when they do the research.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
40,738 posts
18 reviews
7. Re: Carefull - Do not rent a car with WOWRent

People report things that are actually their own fault. The OP claims to have checked the car and notified the attendant of additionally found damage. Ok, that was the proper thing to do and is how the process works, even though the OP is complaining about it. The the OP goes on to say additional damage was found at the END of the rental and now wants to claim it was already there even though she checked the car and DIDN'T find it then!! I'm sorry but this is BS. If you reported other damage but didn't see that damage it's because it wasn't there.

You can damage or scratch a car without realizing it. It can also be damaged by someone else when you're not with it. That doesn't make you any less responsible.

People should read reviews but it should also be pointed out when an OP is mistaken. The renter is responsible for checking the car for damage and having it notated. Any damage NOT notated will be the responsibility of the renter.

Donna

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero, Melton Mowbray, Elora
Level Contributor
16,891 posts
72 reviews
8. Re: Carefull - Do not rent a car with WOWRent

What about the post 4 who says he had photographic evidence and was still charged?

And no, damage is not always the renter's fault. You're on road and someone passes you and kicks up a stone that makes a little ding. How is that your fault? A reputable company makes allowance for things like that.

So there is nothing wrong with someone pointing out that a) a company doesn't make allowance for minor damage that other companies would consider fair wear and tear or b) it actively looks for damage that would have been difficult to spot during the initial inspection (e.g. under bumpers and wheelrims) as part of their business model.

Whether or not the renter is at fault for not spotting such damage in the first place, it is always good to be warned about companies that go to excessive lengths to "find" damage that can be charged for. If people avoid those companies then the fact that they didn't go over every inch of the car or photograph it from every possible angle (including underneath) will not come back to bite them.

That is the main message to take from these warning, not that it was the victim's fault (even when it was).

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
514 posts
44 reviews
9. Re: Carefull - Do not rent a car with WOWRent

I guess I'm just getting old. You use to be able to rent a car and unless it had major damage you just returned it with a full tank of gas. Now you have to take fifty photos of the car inside and out and still it doesn't protect you. Frankly now if there was someplace to go that required renting a car in Italy I would have to say to myself "Guess I'm not going there." Every week along with a post about someone getting ripped of by a taxi there is some posting about getting ripped off by a car rental company.

Look at post #4 charged 300 pounds.. not an insignificant sum. Unreal

CA
Level Contributor
11,460 posts
3 reviews
10. Re: Carefull - Do not rent a car with WOWRent

"You used to be able to rent a car and unless it had major damage you just returned it with a full tank of gas"

I did it last week, picking up a car at the Pisa Airport from Hertz, having ordered it over the phone from Autoeurope with zero-deductible collision. That covers any damage to the body of the vehicle, not the glass. No taking pictures nor other nonsense that people rave about.

Reply to: Carefull - Do not rent a car with WOWRent
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Olbia