We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where do the students go to eat?

Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
where do the students go to eat?

being a university town, where are the most popular restaurants close to the university?

6 replies to this topic
Vignola, Italy
Level Contributor
3,881 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: where do the students go to eat?

Generally several students eat at home. Other ones in cheap and economic places.

Here you can find a list of restaurantsused by students: https://www.unibo.it/it/servizi-e-opportunit…

Bologna, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bologna
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
175 reviews
2. Re: where do the students go to eat?

Aoericena or cheap bites/finger food: lab 16, caffè Zamboni, montaditos.

Otherwise look for trattoria (which means traditional, familiar cheap restaurant), one for all à sort on institution: trattoria fantoni in via del Pratello.

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
20 posts
36 reviews
3. Re: where do the students go to eat?

There are cheap and good meals to be found everywhere in the university district.

The problem is that the cheap meals also attract the scum.

Bologna is a very dirty, smelly, graffiti-covered city. Very disappointed.

Bologna, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bologna
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
175 reviews
4. Re: where do the students go to eat?

Don't think students eat in the university district only (even because there's not a single university district, many faculties are not in via Zamboni area and all the centre is small enough that you can walk from one side to another without problems).

I could say that the quadrilatero is more for tourists, but zamboni, pratello, ghetto are more crowded of students, Mercato delle erbe is a good mix, then there are most bolognesi like me going everywhere without caring of these differences but just eating where they like most.

Edited: 07 October 2018, 04:00
G M
Level Contributor
307 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: where do the students go to eat?

Well @musterboy you had a very different experience than I did. I loved Bologna and am heading back for my second trip to spend more time enjoying the food, art, streetlife, history and ambience. I guess we all see what we're looking for.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
962 posts
16 reviews
6. Re: where do the students go to eat?

Oh @musterboy, how unfortunate that your experience was negative. I love Bologna, and am looking forward to my second visit this year. University towns have a vibrancy and energy to them. Also, I totally appreciate the ease of public transport in and out of the city.

We've not been on a Mission for cheap eats, but do find places that meet our needs.

Reply to: where do the students go to eat?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bologna