We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American Airlines NON-STOP service Philadelphia to Bologna

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
104 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
American Airlines NON-STOP service Philadelphia to Bologna

https:/…

14 replies to this topic
QQ2
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
10,169 posts
24 reviews
44 helpful votes
11. Re: American Airlines NON-STOP service Philadelphia to Bologna

Re #2: US carriers have for years offered nonstop service to Rome,Milan and Venice. Delta tried seasonal JFK to PISA for a while, but ended up dropping it, so I will be curious to see how American does with not-so-far-away Bologna. United recently announced additional service to Italy, I think Naples from EWR.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
22,838 posts
7 reviews
58 helpful votes
12. Re: American Airlines NON-STOP service Philadelphia to Bologna

Bologna may not be all that far from Pisa (similar distance to NYC - Philly) but Bologna is a lot better than Pisa for onward travel, with it being a major rail junction.

But obviously fares have to be balanced against the convenience of a direct flight

Vignola, Italy
Level Contributor
3,950 posts
7 reviews
6 helpful votes
13. Re: American Airlines NON-STOP service Philadelphia to Bologna

Bologna is a very important place for professional tourism, not only the leisure tourism like Tuscany. The fair district is among the top 10 in Europe, so several professionals travel to Bologna every year. Maybe this direct flight could work and I hope won't be so expensive like somebody says!

North Plainfield...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
14. Re: American Airlines NON-STOP service Philadelphia to Bologna

this answer is for Cambridge Mike. I just came back to the States after living there for 8 months and I don't think it's terrible. It just gets extremely hot! In addition, all of the university students are gone so its less crowded (might be a pro for you but for me, I liked it when all the students came back in September).

Edited: 10 October 2018, 14:30
Reply to: American Airlines NON-STOP service Philadelphia to Bologna
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bologna