We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Too hurry to visit San Mario

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
280 posts
3 reviews
Too hurry to visit San Mario

Hi,

I am right now in.Bologna and still have 3 full days here. I am.thinking to go to San Martino. But it is take a long way to.go.there. Also, the transport is not cheap . Can I finish the sight seeing within few hrs?

2.Anyone knows the bus time table from Rimini train station to S. Martino?

3. I will also thinking to go to Ferrara , Modena. Which cities you suggest to go ?

4. Or St.lucas church is worth to visit?

But of course, my top piority is going to San Martino.

Pls advice

Thx

3 replies to this topic
London
Level Contributor
3,067 posts
27 reviews
1. Re: Too hurry to visit San Mario

I assume you are talking about San Marino... not Mario or Martino :)

This is the timetable from Rimini train station ("Rimini stazione FFSS"): bonellibus.it/portale/images/download_pdf/ri…

I agree it's rather far for a daytrip, you will spend most of your day on public transport, but don't let that stop you if you really really want to see it.

Why do you say the transport is not cheap? If you take a regional train to Rimini is around €9 and the bus to San Marino €5. In my opinion is too cheap, no idea how they run these services and not lose money.

I personally would choose Rimini any day, the historic centre is very compact and perfect for a daytrip (avoid Mondays because the City Museum is closed): http://www.riminiturismo.it/en/what-see

Edited: 13 August 2018, 18:35
Bologna, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bologna
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
174 reviews
2. Re: Too hurry to visit San Mario

I agree with travel gep Rimini is much more interesting than S. Marino and easier to reach.

Thrn between Ferrara and Modena I prefer Ferrara.

Bertinoro, Italy
4 posts
3. Re: Too hurry to visit San Mario

I agree Rimini and Ferrara

Reply to: Too hurry to visit San Mario
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bologna