We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to wear in August?!

Level Contributor
182 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
What to wear in August?!

Hi,

I have checked out the temperatures and wondering and it looks so hot for when we travel 15th Aug for 5 days.

I am just checking that light summer dresses will be fine for the day and would be acceptable? (will take a light cardi in my bag for visiting religious places)

Would I need a light jacket for the evening ?

Just wondering what people tend to wear as I will mostly be in dresses and don't want to look out of place.

Thanks

4 replies to this topic
Vignola, Italy
Level Contributor
3,758 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to wear in August?!

Usually in August is warm, so dress comfortable and light to avoid overheating problems. People dress in any way in Bologna, sometimes very professional, sometimes very casual. Is not allowed walk in the city in topless and usually is not nice walk in suimsuit, but anything else can be easily seen.

As you know, bring with you something to cover your shoulders and legs when you enter in a church if you are wearing very short dresses. Note even that in several churches now are on rent kimonos to cover you, if required.

If there are thunderstorms the temperature could fall down very much, like to 20°C, so a light jacket with you could be helpful. This storms unfortunately are unpredictable. In any case you can do shopping if something is missing, because you will find several shops opened.

Level Contributor
182 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to wear in August?!

That's very helpful thank you!

3. Re: What to wear in August?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2018, 08:00

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: What to wear in August?!

You really don't need anything warm. It is so hot. Maybe a light scarf for church purposes and maybe late August evenings... But it's just very hot here. Even places with A/C never crank it cold like in North America.

Reply to: What to wear in August?!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bologna