We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bologna parking - ZTL?

Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Bologna parking - ZTL?

Hi all,

We're going to Italy now in upcoming July and in Bologna, I was thinking about parking in

Piazza 8 Agosto Apcoa parking

But when I look on the ZTL map of Bologna it seems to me like this parking is inside the ZTL.

Does this mean that I cannot park here without getting a penalty for entering ZTL? If no, how does this system work then? If yes, is there any alternative parking that I could go to? I prefer an underground and safe parking...

Thanks a lot!

Best wishes,

J

52 replies to this topic
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
61,840 posts
171 reviews
1. Re: Bologna parking - ZTL?

This garage was the exact same one recommended by my hotel when I stayed just outside of the center. It was not part of the ZTL when I visited back in November 2015. Ask your hotel to be sure.

Still, when you drive there, make sure to follow the signs carefully. I had a GPS but I still paid attention to make sure I didn't drive into the restricted area by mistake.

South East England...
Level Contributor
5,658 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Bologna parking - ZTL?

We are going to park at that car park in early July, it's just outside the ZTL zone. Just make sure you turn into Via Ciro Menotti which leads straight to the car park entrance as there is a ZTL zone at the junction with Via Alessandrini.

mesh

Vignola, Italy
Level Contributor
3,849 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Bologna parking - ZTL?

The parking is inside the ZTL zone, but there is a way to reach it without problems (I do it often): Via Capo di Luca - Via del Pallone - Via Alessandrini - Via Ciro Menotti . As alternative: Via Irnerio (from Porta San Donato) - Via Alessandrini - Via Ciro Menotti.

Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,476 posts
24 reviews
4. Re: Bologna parking - ZTL?

My husband and I visited Bologna for the day today and used Parcheggio Tanari, a park and ride which worked brilliantly for us.

We arrived at approximately 10.30am and parked easily at the site and hopped on a bus which took us to the historic centre in just minutes.

Return buses (either the Number 29 or the "C" bus) run approximately every 20 minutes; we took the 29 each way at a cost of €1.50 per person. Parking was free as we had paid for the bus.

I'd highly recommend this parking - hassle free and easy as it gets. There are vending machines for snacks and refreshments and toilets at the parking site and we'd most definitely recommend this option to others.

https://www.google.it/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=park+and+ride+bologna&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&gfe_rd=cr&ei=ZdFIWZ_aJ8LA8gev84qoDA#q=park+and+ride+bologna&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=44507475,11334444,436&tbm=lcl&rldimm=14081771836579075598&tbs=lrf:!2m1!1e3!3sEAE,lf:1,lf_ui:3&gfe_rd=cr

hingham
Level Contributor
12 posts
11 reviews
5. Re: Bologna parking - ZTL?

placitasgirl, can you leave the car overnight at this park & ride? We have rented an apartment in historic city inside restricted zone, so looking for a safe and convenient place to park car overnight, but have quick access to it when we want to do day trips out of Bologna. Thanks!

South East England...
Level Contributor
5,658 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Bologna parking - ZTL?

I was thinking the same thing re: Parcheggio Tanari as will have our own car with us (UK registered) and need somewhere safe to leave it overnight whilst staying for three nights in a hotel.

mesh

Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,476 posts
24 reviews
7. Re: Bologna parking - ZTL?

It appears so; their website states that they're open 24/7.

Here's a link:

bolognawelcome.com/en/…parking-tanari

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
44 reviews
8. Re: Bologna parking - ZTL?

Hi

I'm just wondering how you got on with parking in Bologna ? we are going at the end of August and our B&B is inside the historic area. It seems like there are many parking lots inside the ZTL, which seems daft if you cannot drive in it, without getting a fine. If you have any further info since your trip I'd be grateful to hear as would others I suspect. many thanks Lynn

South East England...
Level Contributor
5,658 posts
4 reviews
9. Re: Bologna parking - ZTL?

We ended up using the car park Piazza VIII Agosto in July and found it without any problem following Turambar's directions in post No3, and will definitely use it again if we stay in Bologna again next summer.

mesh

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
44 reviews
10. Re: Bologna parking - ZTL?

Thanks that's very helpful. No-one wants to get fined for just visiting and staying somewhere.

Reply to: Bologna parking - ZTL?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bologna