We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Curious about how busy it's expected to be this summer

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
36 posts
50 reviews
38 helpful votes
Curious about how busy it's expected to be this summer
Save

Dear all,

Restrictions are lift off, vaccination programs are now at speed in most European countries and abroad.

I'm wondering a couple things:

- There are many people deciding to stay in their own country during summer (this applied to about 50% of Dutch people according research). And it seems it's something other countries like France and Germany are also seeing.

- Do you think the summer in Amalfi will be as crowded as before the pandemic crisis? Or busier, but not as before?

- Also - are the travels restrictions being lift only for other European countries and US - or also for world wide tourists coming to Italy?

Any views/ insights on this?

(PS: not sure if this post belongs here - to be very honest - so, correct me if it's not where it belongs)

1 reply
New York
Level Contributor
49,582 posts
1. Re: Curious about how busy it's expected to be this summer
Save

No one knows.

My guess is that it will likely be less crowded because cruise ships passengers accounted for a lot of the day trippers and, as of now, that is not an issue.

The villages are tiny and can seem crowded even when the overall numbers may not be as high as the most busy times when it can seem a bit suffocatingly packed.

Time will tell. It may be that even more Italians than usual decide to spend seaside time there.

Some people I know here in the states have already booked their trips elsewhere as news of travel to Italy came to late for them.

We will know soon enough....

Reply to: Curious about how busy it's expected to be this summer
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Amalfi Coast
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.