We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Complicated isolation question

Complicated isolation question

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the Tripadvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 29 October 2021, 14:10

5 replies to this topic
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
73,897 posts
65 reviews
126 helpful votes
1. Re: Complicated isolation question
Save

I thought there was no isolation necessary when coming from usa

Does that mean after all this time you are still UN vaccinated???

Mind boggling if so!!

Edited: 26 October 2021, 15:11
GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
13,443 posts
23 reviews
68 helpful votes
2. Re: Complicated isolation question
Save

This is an unusual question, for which I fear you would need to inquire with the local health authorities. I believe that you cannot "break" your 5 days of self-isolation to go to a different isolation lodging, except for an exigency, but I suppose that exceptions might be made.

United States
Level Contributor
3,137 posts
3. Re: Complicated isolation question
Save

I would expect to meet some resistance from airline checkin staff in US. Though you may have a right to enter Italy if you isolate, etc., the airline staff are going to be looking for proof of vaccination and test results. You might want to take a copy of Italian rules with you and be prepared to ask for a manager or other senior airline staff to intervene. You could also consider just getting vaccinated.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
6,339 posts
80 reviews
70 helpful votes
4. Re: Complicated isolation question
Save

And being in contact with your ride would be breaking quarantine, ditto if you stay with others.

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
10,472 posts
46 reviews
50 helpful votes
5. Re: Complicated isolation question
Save

Isolation mean that ..from your airport you go direct via private transportation to your isolation address . You cannot break iit and you would be interacting with hotel staff and potentially putting them at risk, i suggest you look at alternative transport or look into an isolation hotel in Rome.

Reply to: Complicated isolation question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.