We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beware alpha rooms

kent
Level Contributor
341 posts
26 reviews
beware alpha rooms

has 2 rooms booked at the pelicanos over 3 months ago then 2 days before we were due to travel they emailed to say they werent available and offered us the fiesta park or our money back.fiesta park not an option much lower grade and not where we wanted so after a lot of grief and a long time on the phone we got the regente but had to pay 200 quid more..the lady who dealt with me on the phone was helpfull and efficiant but the whole episode was very stressful i will never use alpha rooms again and advise everyone booking with them to check your booking with the hotel

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
13,690 posts
159 reviews
1. Re: beware alpha rooms

Did they explain why it had happened Steve? I'm wondering if the hotel let Alpharooms down with the allocation of rooms.

Good that you got the Regente though (better hotel really) but you could have done without the hassle and extra expense.

Jules

united kingdom
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
29 reviews
2. Re: beware alpha rooms

Just had a carry on with alpha rooms myself booked 2 friends to go to benidorm on tues ..Booked the flights hotel transfers with them ..Printed tickets of noticed no luggage was added and i knew i had clicked everything ..Contacted them as i had a copy of the e mail with booking ref and flights with luggage ..Sent them it in PDF and im still waiting on reply ...Never again ..mazza

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
13,690 posts
159 reviews
3. Re: beware alpha rooms

Good warning Mazza, you don't need all that grief! I'd always thought Alpharooms were sound too. Seem to be messing up at the moment.

Jules

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
4. Re: beware alpha rooms

It's a potential problem with most online agencies. Customers tend to think that the UK agent books the hotel for them, but in reality they simply place the business with wholesale agencies known as 'bed banks' who shift bulk allocations. The system works fairly well in the main, but when things go wrong it leaves local agents with limited options as they are just one link in a long chain.

cumbria
Level Contributor
615 posts
27 reviews
5. Re: beware alpha rooms

Very suprised indeed. We have used them numerous times,and never had a problem.

east midlands
Level Contributor
5,762 posts
63 reviews
6. Re: beware alpha rooms

Yes I agree with above we had used them no problems at all

Rugeley, United...
Level Contributor
447 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: beware alpha rooms

On the 1st February,I paid Alpharooms £241 for an apartment in Paraiso Royal,Playa de Las Americas,my daughter booked the same a couple of days later.On 15th March I received an email from Alpharooms stating that the complex would be closed on the booking dates,my daughter has not received the same email.I have since booked a studio on the same complex through Holiday Lettings with no problem,We go to PDLA next Saturday (20th) staying at the Las Floritas apartments.Hopefully,I will get confirmation from the manager that the complex is not closed at all.So why can't Alpharooms be a bit more honest when it looks like a good case of overbooking.By the way we were offered alternative accommodation at Tropical Playa which was definately not an option.

Brian

cornwall uk
Level Contributor
4,073 posts
78 reviews
8. Re: beware alpha rooms

Not good for business, messing people about. Once bitten.

Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
19 reviews
9. Re: beware alpha rooms

I've been using Alpha Rooms for years, and only had one small issue with them a couple of years ago. They were on the ball straight away, 'phoned me back when they said they would and generally looked after me, which is more than some of the big players would do. Please don't let one problem put you off.

manchester
Level Contributor
18 posts
10. Re: beware alpha rooms

I do hope that these firms read these pages and learn.