We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking for 3 day trip to Gibraltar

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
2 helpful votes
Parking for 3 day trip to Gibraltar

Heading to Gibraltar end of May for 3 days. We have rented an apartment which advertises a public car park across the street, but the rates are very high (£80). I’m also worried that it will be full and I’ll end up driving around for hours looking for a spot. I have considered parking across the border in a secure car park and walking to Gib with luggage. Any feedback on this plan would be helpful. Is it safe to leave the car / is it easy to walk across the border with luggage / will there be taxis. Just not sure of the logistics. Many thanks

5 replies to this topic
Gibraltar
Destination Expert
for Gibraltar
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
37 reviews
92 helpful votes
1. Re: Parking for 3 day trip to Gibraltar

There is free parking at Grand Parade (besides the cable car) but the spots are taken quickly so it's a bit of a punt. Parking is generally free between 10pm and 9am so if you're using the car during the day you may not have to pay the full days parking. All the parking zones will have a QR code where you can logon and top up the parking ticket as you go, which I'd say is the best option, depending on what part of Gib you're staying.

12 posts
2. Re: Parking for 3 day trip to Gibraltar

I always park and stay on the Spanish side of the border. I have never heard of people having problems but there’s always a first time. You will be fine.

Hubie

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
2 helpful votes
3. Re: Parking for 3 day trip to Gibraltar

Thanks so much

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
2 helpful votes
4. Re: Parking for 3 day trip to Gibraltar

Great tips - thanks

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
397 posts
27 reviews
20 helpful votes
5. Re: Parking for 3 day trip to Gibraltar

There is an underground car park in La Linea called Isolux Corsán Aparcamientos on Calle Gibraltar which is 7 Euros per day. We have used this in the past with no problem. Select the pre-pay option (ticket prepagado) to pre-pay the day rate otherwise you will be charged by the minute. There are more details on the reviews for the car park in Google Maps.

Reply to: Parking for 3 day trip to Gibraltar
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gibraltar
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.