We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware!

UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Beware!

We have just come back from Hotel Costa Caleta in Fuerteventura. We travelled with Thomas Cook. The holiday was fantastic but has been severley marred when my purse was stolen on the day we came home. The times the cards were used indicates that the purse was taken whilst we were in the hotel but unfortunately I didnt realise my purse was missing until I was on the plane home.

The problem I would like to make everyone aware of is that no one wants to know. Neither the police in England or in Madrid will take the report becaause a) it happened abroad and b) I am back home and cant sign the Spanish report! Thomas Cook dont want to know because it is a crime.

Obviously I have reported the crime to the card companies who are currently investigating but are saying that they cant take it further because they dont have a crime number!

The whole situation is extremely annoying and frustrating because of the times the card was used it could easily lead back to the person who stole them but because we cant report this to the Police the criminals are getting away with it.

If anyone knows how I can report this please let me know.

Nettie

england
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beware!

when me and my girlfriend go over to the island i let her deal and hold all the money, and what she does is every where we go she carrys a bum bag that straps around her,

it may look silly but it's the safest way to keep all your money and cards, so try this next time,

sorry to hear this had happend to you,

2. Re: Beware!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 21:22
Get answers to your questions about Fuerteventura