We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware airport taxi rip-off

Benidorm, Spain
8 posts
1 review
Beware airport taxi rip-off

Please be aware there are unscrupulous taxi drivers who tried to rip us off. Had a licensed taxi from outside aiport and had read on here the prices are fixed.

He tried to charge 38 euros. I refused and told him to call the police. Eventually I gave him 25 euros which I would have done any way to include a tip. Do not be ripped off by these people be aware please!

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
71,403 posts
3,815 reviews
1. Re: Beware airport taxi rip-off

Always tell the driver you will need a receipt. If he has a GPS, he should use it because the GPS will give the shortest ride. Write down the taxi driver license to report to authorities if he tried to cheat you.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Beware airport taxi rip-off

have to admit when i went in july i got charged 30 euro after a great trip aound the island which i didnt ask for !!! normally i dont have a problem and get charged 20-25 euro which is the standard charge . i suppose you alway`s take a chance in a cab , ive been done in london plenty of times and it`s not like i dont speak english lol

Benidorm, Spain
8 posts
1 review
3. Re: Beware airport taxi rip-off

bump

O Savinao, Galicia
Destination Expert
for Galicia
Level Contributor
6,843 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Beware airport taxi rip-off

The official taxi fares to and from the airport.

aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/…

London, England
Level Contributor
9,774 posts
75 reviews
5. Re: Beware airport taxi rip-off

I think this happens in any city in the world, certainly not peculiar to Seville.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
57,836 posts
41 reviews
6. Re: Beware airport taxi rip-off

Take the bus. It is only €2,40.

Sevilla
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
7. Re: Beware airport taxi rip-off

Taxi driver rip offs in Sevilla are rare rather than the norm but Cubsur is right .. take the bus.

8. Re: Beware airport taxi rip-off

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 00:18
Get answers to your questions about Seville