We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Ronda

Israel
Level Contributor
106 posts
60 reviews
Day trip to Ronda

Hi,

My husband and I will be traveling from Granada to Seville tomorrow by train for four nights. We thought we’d have a car, but it didn’t work out. We would like to see Ronda on one of our days. We cannot join an organized tour due to health issues, so we are debating whether to go there by bus, rent a car for the day (we have an international driving license) or skip Ronda altogether. If we rent a car, would we be able to find parking? Is Ronda easily walkable? My husband has a weak heart and uphill walking and stairs are challenging for him. Any input you can offer would be appreciated.

Thank you

ZOOM
Sightseeing Tours
Entre Leyendas
Historical & Heritage Tours
7 replies to this topic
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
70,704 posts
3,787 reviews
1. Re: Day trip to Ronda

There is parking available beside the bullfight stadium.

Hemingway said that Ronda was the most romantic town in Spain. Orson Welles loved Ronda so much that he asked to be buried there. The views in this town are unforgettable. This is the most important and most beautiful white town in Andalusia.

Things to See:

1. New Bridge

2. Mondragon Palace

3. Church of Santa Maria La Mayor

4. Alameda del Tajo Park - Has great views of the countryside.

5. Carrera Espinel shopping street (also called Calle La Bola).

The Parador is a very good hotel beside the New Bridge and has marvelous views and a large parking garage. A good restaurant is Restaurante Doña Pepa at Plaza del Socorro, 10.

Ronda sits on top of a hill and the main parts of the town are flat.

Seville, Spain
Level Contributor
215 posts
16 reviews
2. Re: Day trip to Ronda

I think people see the iconic image of Ronda from the Tajo gorge and assume the town must be built on some pretty extreme terrain, and that's actually not the case. The town itself is quite flat and walkable. Obviously, going down into the gorge itself is a different matter.

There are some slight inclines in places, but take your time and I'm sure you and your husband will have a wonderful visit. It's a beautiful place with some truly stunning views and certainly worth your time.

Edited: 20 September 2018, 19:21
Hillsdale, mi
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Day trip to Ronda

Ronda is one of my favorite places. We rented a car from Granada , spent one night and took the bus to Seville the next day. (our friends who were traveling with us took the car to visit relatives elsewhere)

I will say , we found places to park near our hotel, but driving into the city was a quite hectic.

Although the city itself is flat, on top of the gorges and bridges, depending where you are able to park, will determine how hilly your walk may be. we parked below the city and walked up. If you can take a train or bus from Granada there and then onto Seville, I would do that. enjoy your tirp, all 3 cities are fantastic!

Israel
Level Contributor
106 posts
60 reviews
4. Re: Day trip to Ronda

Thank you all for your good advice. I’ll definitely look for public transportation into Ronda.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
932 posts
70 reviews
5. Re: Day trip to Ronda

Hello Everyone, is it possible to get to Ronda from Seville by bus or train? And is it easy to get around Ronda without a car? TYIA Cathy

Seville, Spain
Level Contributor
215 posts
16 reviews
6. Re: Day trip to Ronda

AcaChaparrita - The bus service is run by DAMAS and leaves Seville from Prado de San Sebastián. There's no direct train service.

Edited: 23 September 2018, 15:39
england
Level Contributor
70 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: Day trip to Ronda

Hi, do the buses run from Seville to Ronda on sundays in October?

Reply to: Day trip to Ronda
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Seville