We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best areas to stay in Seville?

Toronto, Canada
10 posts
Best areas to stay in Seville?

Hi

I will be visiting Seville for the first time, and would like to know what is the best area to stay? Somewhere that is close to all main attractions within walking distance. What do you recommend is a must see or place to visit?

Also, I will be flying out from Seville to Barcelona. Is this a good option or the train is better?

Are they many flight that fly out of Seville to Barcelona?

Granada Day Trip from Seville...
673 Reviews
from US$168.40*
Special Offer
Alcázar of Seville Early Access with...
219 Reviews
from US$33.15*
US$39.00
Best Seller
Fast-Track Seville Guided Tour into...
292 Reviews
from US$26.90*
13 replies to this topic
London, England...
Level Contributor
5 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: Best areas to stay in Seville?

There a tons of hotels in the old town to choose from. Everything from hostels to 5 star boutique hotels. Booking.com excellent for choosing something in your price range and requirements

Everything in the old town easy to walk between, small cobbled steers interlinking all the hotspots, it’s great getting misplaced (not lost) discovering Seville,something different around every corner.

In regards to train over flights. We used the train to travel to Cadiz for the day, €12 return on a comfortable clean and on time service.

London, England...
Level Contributor
5 posts
41 reviews
2. Re: Best areas to stay in Seville?

Must see

Alcazar- stunning but get up early to avoid the queues

Roof top cathedral tour- book online on cathedrals website, absolutely stunning

Plaza de España- not to be missed

Just mooching around this city you’ll see beautiful buildings, parks and hidden courtyards. It’s well worth it

Paris, France
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Best areas to stay in Seville?

I wanted to ask the same question: which area would be the best to stay in – especially with regards to going out to nice bars and restaurants at night... (meaning: not some shopping area which is dead in the evening).

Thanks!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
23,872 posts
292 reviews
4. Re: Best areas to stay in Seville?

Jo's train fare return to Cadiz sounds like a real bargain as it's normally about €25 return !

Anywhere within Barrio Santa Cruz or Cathedral is good.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
23,872 posts
292 reviews
5. Re: Best areas to stay in Seville?

You do get a lot of flight options to Barcelona with VUELING one that has frequent flights.

Seville, Spain
Level Contributor
224 posts
16 reviews
6. Re: Best areas to stay in Seville?

sophievanl - the centre of Seville is quite compact and you'd have to travel quite some way to find somewhere that was dead at night. Many shops stay open until late and there are nice bars and restaurants everywhere, There's pretty much always plenty of life in the streets. Use the Cathedral as your guide, and find somewhere within walking distance that suits your budget.

Most visitors opt to stay in area such as Santa Cruz, the former Jewish barrio with narrow evocative streets, or El Arenal, which has wider avenues and is generally considered upmarket (or 'pijo', if that's not your thing).

Edited: 16 September 2018, 06:11
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: Best areas to stay in Seville?

For an evening of nice bars and dining with atmosphere I would recommend the Alameda de Hercules . Its real friendly part of the city and is always busy 7 days a week !!!

Toronto, Canada
10 posts
8. Re: Best areas to stay in Seville?

thanks Jo S, for your response and the recommendations.. I will definitely look into it..

I have already book my tickets to see Alhambra.. was hoping to get tickets for the Alhambra experience but it appears there is not available dates in Oct.

Toronto, Canada
10 posts
9. Re: Best areas to stay in Seville?

Thanks Cardiz_lover, good to know about the flights options with Vueling. I will look into it.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
70,717 posts
3,787 reviews
10. Re: Best areas to stay in Seville?

I always stay at the Hotel Becquer located at the Barrio Arenal. It takes 10-15 minutes to walk to downtown.

Edited: 20 September 2018, 15:59
Reply to: Best areas to stay in Seville?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted