We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day sightseeing in Seville.

London, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Day sightseeing in Seville.

I will be arriving in Santa Justa station by train early in the morning. My friend is arriving in Plaza de Armas station by bus early the same morning. We want to meet up and spend the day seeing as many of the sights in Seville as possible in one day. I believe most of the sights to be seen are in close proximity and walking between them is possible? Advice please as to where me and my friend should meet and the best means of transport to do so. Thank you.

6 replies to this topic
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
71,368 posts
3,815 reviews
1. Re: Day sightseeing in Seville.

Yes, most of the sights are close to each other and can be visited by walking.

A good place to meet can be the lobby of the Hotel Alfonso XIII.

Calle San Fernando, 2, 41004 Sevilla

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
4,368 posts
24 reviews
2. Re: Day sightseeing in Seville.

Sights for 1 day:

- Cathedral & Giralda

- Alcazar

- Barrio de Santa Cruz

- Parque de Maria Luisa and Plaza de España

You can meet at the door of the Alcazar for example

Ilkley, United...
Level Contributor
366 posts
1 review
3. Re: Day sightseeing in Seville.

a couple of suggestions for mettign places i would reccomend are -

- next to the large fountain outside the Alfonso hotel, lots of benches and one of my favourite places to people watch.

- next to the fountain in the plaza de espana - then you only have to go in 1 direction around seville (instead of going in different directions)

- in the plaza del triunfo, between the catedral and alcazar, there is a statue in the middle.

- outside the town hall in the plaza nueva.

- next to the torre del oro.

the great thing about Seville is most of the sights are within easy walking distance of each other.

if i was showing someone around Seville for only 1 day, i would have to take them to the catedral (go up the giralda if you are good with heights and ok on your feet), the alcazar, plaza de espana and the maria luisa park, a wander on the Metropol Parasol and then whatever time left i would spend just wandering around the streets and by the river.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
823 reviews
4. Re: Day sightseeing in Seville.

We are spending several nights in Seville w/our adult children....in Oct. However, if i tried to do ALL of this in ONE day you would have to resusitate me......and I am a FIT septugenerian !

What about the lines at the Cathedral and Alcazar taking up precious time????

Ilkley, United...
Level Contributor
366 posts
1 review
5. Re: Day sightseeing in Seville.

it depends on what time of the year and time of the day you go. ive never queued for longer than 10 minutes in either line.

London, United...
Level Contributor
24,032 posts
292 reviews
6. Re: Day sightseeing in Seville.

You say that you will be arriving at Santa Justa station but I am wondering if you can get off the train at San Bernardo station if travelling from the south? If so then taking the Tram into say Puerta Jerez where you could meet at the Starbucks opposite the very grand Alfonso Xlll hotel (The 5 star place to stay).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MetroCentro_(Seville)

Getting to Puerta de Jerez from Plaza de Armas will depend on friend's ability to use buses and follow directions or if a taxi is easiest.

Reply to: Day sightseeing in Seville.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Seville