We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware pick-pocketer at Paseo Del Parque / Plaza de Marina

dublin
Level Contributor
351 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Beware pick-pocketer at Paseo Del Parque / Plaza de Marina

I'm just back after a very enjoyable visit to Malaga. Brilliant city and very friendly people.

But I just want to warn anyone going to be aware there is a very fast pick-pocketer who was operating at the west end of the Paseo Del Parque at the traffic lights where you cross the road to the Plaza de la Marina (from the park crossing the road towards the Tourist Information office).

His way of operating was to bump into me by accident , and then say sorry and then start talking about football. Then he says he's got the best football tackle move ever , and next thing you know he is all over you using his feet as if he is showing you this football tackle. He is very fast, and he got my wallet out of my pocket without me knowing it.

So just to advise you - if anyone bumps into you in this area and starts talking about football moves, back away quick.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
69,805 posts
3,785 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beware pick-pocketer at Paseo Del Parque / Plaza de Marina

Mike:

I am very sorry you were the victim. Yes, we have our share of pickpockets and everyone should always be on guard.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
69,805 posts
3,785 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beware pick-pocketer at Paseo Del Parque / Plaza de Marina

I think that everyone should beware when anyone talks to you, because it is not the custom of Spanish to talk to strangers. All the Spanish will know that you are a foreigner from your clothes and the way you walk. People are friendly if you initiate the conversation, but they will never initiate the conversation with you. If a perfect stranger talks to you, just be careful.

3. Re: Beware pick-pocketer at Paseo Del Parque / Plaza de Marina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2011, 16:16
Get answers to your questions about Malaga