We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware Goldcar Malaga Fuel Con

Surrey
2 posts
Save Topic
Beware Goldcar Malaga Fuel Con

BEWARE ..This company are dishonest We were QUOTED by CARJET.COM in the uk that for a 4 day hire would be 67 euros and we would collect the car from GOLDCAR RENTAL AT MALAGA AIRPORT This was on our invoice which we took with us.

When we arrived at Malaga Goldcar charged us 67 euros + 30euros for extra insurance + 75euros for fuel.

We were told to return the car full of fuel and we would get a credit refund of 75 euros paid back on our card when we got back to the UK.We have never recieved the money and have sent many e-mails but have been unable to talk to anyone from this company. We have had two e-mail replys both to say they do not rufund fuel On a 4 day hire only on a 3 day hire and that we should not have been told to put the fuel back into the car. In other words they know a member of staff has made a mistake but have no intention of putting it right. Because we have nothing in writing regarding the fuel we are unable to take this further to get our money back

So beware any problems with this company and you have no where to go You can not talk to them on the phone And they do not answer all e-mails

CAR JET ARE NO BETTER as they admit this has happened before but they did not warn us.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
17,643 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beware Goldcar Malaga Fuel Con

I had a car in April, from Goldcar Europa via Carjet, which was a four day hire returned Full/Full with no problem at all. The fella at the desk did Hand write on the agreement full/full and this was refunded back to my card whilst I was present at the return desk.

My original booking confirmation from carjet was with crown who operate the 3 day policy. I emailed Carjet to ask for Full Full and they told me in an email that Goldcar were the only hirer who did this.

The additional insurance IS voluntary, so that 30€ extra was your choice.Although the car I had in June via Carjet & Goldcar, the pickup agent was very aggressive with his sales pitch for additional ins cover, and was not pleased when I resisted both the add on & refused to pay for an upgrade. Obviously feeling the pinch on sales commission.

Helle Hollis still offer refunds on unused fuel, book direct with them. but not the lowest prices. Do the maths based on more expensive hire versus anticipated fuel usage/wastage.

Eastbourne, UK
Level Contributor
669 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beware Goldcar Malaga Fuel Con

Sounds like you jave been very unlucky. I have to say that whenever I have used Carjet/Goldcar it has always been clear that no fuel refunds are possible for more that 3 days hire and the insurance excess is optional - it only covers glass and tyres which are not covered by the built-in cover - and I have always had to ask for this on collection.

Alora
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beware Goldcar Malaga Fuel Con

I agree that you seem to have been very unfortunate, and disappointed that Goldcar did not put right as a good will gesture, especially as you took the car back full, and the gesture would cost them nothing.

I nearly always book through Carjet, as find them consistantly cheaper then the competion, and use their top up insurance which works out at about half the hire company price. However..... at the last hire, the man on the Goldcar desk said "our insurance may be dearer than carjets, but our covers more and so is better value"

I think the motto here is you have to keep your wits about you and make sure you read the small print. Sad, but true these days.

4. Re: Beware Goldcar Malaga Fuel Con

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2010, 18:16