We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to park and leave luggages in the car?

Redwood City...
3 posts
2 reviews
Where to park and leave luggages in the car?

Hi all,

I've done some googling but the information I found seemed dated or no specific related to my situation. Any input is appreciated.

We are renting a car from Granada and will stop by Córdoba for a quick spin before arriving Sevilla hence we will carry luggages with us. I've read about cars being broken into in Córdoba (Ironically, I live in San Francisco). I found an underground garage with manned ticket booth from a post that's 12 years ago (37°53'5"N 4°47'5"W). Was wondering if anyone could recommend a secure parking lot/garage. Alternatively, is it fine if we pay a local hotel/hostel for storing our luggages?

Thanks,

jrd

6 replies to this topic
scotland
Level Contributor
20,718 posts
366 reviews
1. Re: Where to park and leave luggages in the car?

Its not only in Cordoba that you get rental car break ins "secure parking " can be found at http://parkinglamezquita.com/en/home/

Redwood City...
3 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Where to park and leave luggages in the car?

Thank you - I saw this one as well but wasn't sure if it's still there. Will park there then!

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
71,906 posts
3,813 reviews
3. Re: Where to park and leave luggages in the car?

Do not show anything left in the car for safety.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
4. Re: Where to park and leave luggages in the car?

Jared, what were your thoughts on the parking situation at La Mezquita that was suggested? Did you experience anything negative?

Co. Kildare
Level Contributor
850 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: Where to park and leave luggages in the car?

If you don't want to risk it I believe that there are lockers at the railway station.

I'm not a gambler but have left stuff in my car frequently but the risk is always there.

I tend to think WHY would they? Do people really want my dirty knickers and a few T-shirts?

Redwood City...
3 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Where to park and leave luggages in the car?

Hi all,

Quick update - went to the parking garage today. Everything was smooth, in and out is like what we do in the U.S. There were some Porsches (saw 991 and Panamera) which [sort of] provide some extra confidence.. One thing though, the driveway is pretty tight which makes driving around the garage stressful. Entering the ramps can be tricky if you drive a larger car (I drove a Volve XC60 and when turning onto the ramps there were around 4" on each side). That being said, there were many parking spaces that is the only space between pillars and I prefer those spaces since they are further away from other cars. From the garage to Mezquita is a 5-min short walk. Hope this helps

Tip: The website doesn't make it easy to enter (a la: copy and paste) the address. When using google maps, simply enter "parking la mezquita de córdoba, Calle Cairuan, Córdoba".

Edited: 28 November 2018, 10:27
Reply to: Where to park and leave luggages in the car?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted