We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Medina Azahara - self-arranged visit

14 posts
Medina Azahara - self-arranged visit

I'll arrive in Cordoba next Wednesday around 2 p.m. I plan to go to hotel for quick check in and to leave luggage and after that to catch bus O1 around 3 p.m. and walk (500-600m) to Medina Azahara visitor center.

Is this plan feasible and is it worth since it will probably start getting dark when I arrive on archeological site (bus + walking + waiting for shuttle)?

Could somebody propose me some alternatives if my idea is bad?

4 replies to this topic
St Austell, United...
Level Contributor
4,489 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Medina Azahara - self-arranged visit

What's the rush? What's the matter with Thursday?

14 posts
2. Re: Medina Azahara - self-arranged visit

I forgot to say. Unfortunately, I’ll have only one night in Cordoba, I have to leave Thursday morning 11 a.m.

My plan is: Wednesday - Medina Azahara, Alcarzar, walking around Cordoba and Thursday morning Mezquita.

St Austell, United...
Level Contributor
4,489 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Medina Azahara - self-arranged visit

I don't think it's feasible. It's probably right that you could do the Alcazar and have a walkabout Wednesday, then have just enough - JUST - time to do the Mezquita Thursday.

The only outside chance would be to get a taxi straight from the hotel to MA. Buses will take you ages and also I'd be very wary of being stuck out there in the dark afterwards with no more buses coming (?)

MA is a serious walkabout

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
71,964 posts
3,813 reviews
4. Re: Medina Azahara - self-arranged visit

I think that Medina Azahara is best seen in the morning.

Reply to: Medina Azahara - self-arranged visit
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted