We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cordoba patio festival 2019

Birmingham
Level Contributor
24 posts
24 reviews
Cordoba patio festival 2019

Hi all,

As I plan to spend no more than one week to 10 days in Cordoba at the festival and my partner and I adore flamenco, should we start our holidays on the last Sunday of April, when the May Crosses Festival and the Battle of the Flowers begin, or later, to be sure to see some flamenco?

Are there flamenco performances from the beginning of the patio festival or only in the later stages?

And does anyone have any idea when the program is likely to be released?

(I don't want us to go early and to then leave wishing we were there for the later part of the festival)

When would be the most impressive time to visit and would there be enough to see if we went for 10 days rather than a week? If so, which period would you recommend

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks in anticipation

6 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
24,035 posts
292 reviews
1. Re: Cordoba patio festival 2019

I don't personally associate the patios festival with flamenco performances but maybe I miss something. Can you explain?

Birmingham
Level Contributor
24 posts
24 reviews
2. Re: Cordoba patio festival 2019

Thanks for your reply

There are references to flamenco performances around the same time as the patio festival, on websites I have seen, describing the festivities. If this isn't the case, that would be useful to know as we can then concentrate on the patios.

Best regards

London, United...
Level Contributor
24,035 posts
292 reviews
3. Re: Cordoba patio festival 2019

Maybe others will advise you. I do know that when the Patio competition is on during May there is great interest and tourists will fill the various patios quite quickly. There are plenty to visit in different areas of the city. Maybe the most popular patios are in the Alcazar Viejo barrio. The competition is an incentive for householders to make an extra effort. Money changes hands.

It is of course possible to visit patios at other times outside the dates of the "festival". It begins to warm up greatly in May. The big local fiesta is at end May. The annual let your hair down meet the friends time.

You could also look through the listing on tourism web site for Flamencoo venues.

https://www.turismodecordoba.org/flamenco-sh…

Birmingham
Level Contributor
24 posts
24 reviews
4. Re: Cordoba patio festival 2019

Thanks so much for your reply. Very helpful indeed - I'll check out the flamenco venues as you suggest

Best wishes

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
71,906 posts
3,813 reviews
5. Re: Cordoba patio festival 2019

The Patio Festival dates for 2019: May 6 to May 19.

Use Booking.com to look for hotels and apartments in The Real Heart of Cordoba. For those making a day trip to Cordoba, the train station does not have luggage lockers but the bus station beside it has luggage lockers. A taxi to the Mezquita will cost only about 6 euros because the distance from the train station is only 1.8 km.

The best sights in Cordoba:

1. Mezquita/Cathedral - The most important architectural feature of the Mezquita are the double horseshoe arches, made of jasper, onyx, marble, and granite. There are 856 columns in the church and they seem to be a sea of arches and columns to the visitor.

2. Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos - Has beautiful gardens.

3. Palacio de Viana - The palace has important artwork and there are 12 different patios, all beautiful.

Good restaurants near the Mezquita:

1. Casa Pepe de la Juderia (Calle Romero, 3; Tel: 957-200-744).

2. El Caballo Rojo (Calle del Cardenal Herrero, 28; Tel: 957-475-375).

Shopping streets are the area around the Mezquita, Calle Jose Cruz Conde, Ronda de los Tejares, Conde de Gondomar and Avenida de Gran Capitan.

Dress code for churches: Shorts or bare shoulders are not allowed for either women or men. The Mezquita is a Catholic church.

London, United...
Level Contributor
24,035 posts
292 reviews
6. Re: Cordoba patio festival 2019

I am reading this every time in above paste

Dress code for churches: Shorts or bare shoulders are not allowed for either women or men. The Mezquita is a Catholic church.

Unquote

How can this be at the Mezquita especially in the heat of a typical Cordoba summer?

Reply to: Cordoba patio festival 2019
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted