We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mezquita quick couple of questions.

York, England...
Level Contributor
313 posts
39 reviews
Mezquita quick couple of questions.

Hi, we are arriving in Cordoba for a 2-night stay this weekend, very excited!

Can I confirm it's definitely free to enter the Mezquita from 8.30-9.30am on a Saturday? Is there a long queue normally at that time, and do you have to complete your visit by 9.30 or is it enter and stay as long as you like?

Also while I'm here, would it be advisable to book tickets for the Alcazar in advance?

Thanks, A

4 replies to this topic
Australia
Level Contributor
186 posts
70 reviews
1. Re: Mezquita quick couple of questions.

Their website states that entry is free Monday to Saturday between 8.30-9.30 except when there are special occasions. I couldn’t find an English version of the website, but used the camera on Google Translate to get this information.

I suggest you have a look at the website first to check that there isn’t a special event on. Silly us for not checking, but we turned up a few weeks ago (on a day trip from Seville) only to find the Mezquita was closed for half a day due to a convention of catholic schools. We were still able to get in the afternoon after buying tickets on the spot. Queues weren’t too bad to start with, but it became very crowded inside later on. It is an extraordinary building.

We filled in time at Taberna Luque having lunch, an experience we’ll always remember because of the delightful couple who run it.

York, England...
Level Contributor
313 posts
39 reviews
2. Re: Mezquita quick couple of questions.

Thank you, that's really useful info. And a great recommendation for lunch! A

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
71,919 posts
3,813 reviews
3. Re: Mezquita quick couple of questions.

Good restaurants near the Mezquita:

1. Casa Pepe de la Juderia (Calle Romero, 3; Tel: 957-200-744).

2. El Caballo Rojo (Calle del Cardenal Herrero, 28; Tel: 957-475-375).

Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Mezquita quick couple of questions.

Yes, free entry between 8:30-9:30 (we went this morning!) The main door opens at 8:30 along with the side doors on the alleys (towards the river) to avoid crowds. Not crowded at all (went on a Friday) and very peaceful to walk through. 1 hour is plenty as we left before 9:30 but I understand they start to usher you out around 9:20. Enjoy!

Reply to: Mezquita quick couple of questions.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted